Sunday, November 30, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

10-27-14

"Well everyone, 2 months are gone. It's really weird to think I will never have 24 months to serve a mission ever again. I'm gonna make these next 22 even better!

First of all, I just want to say how much I appreciate all that all of you have done. I love your letters, emails, packages, prayers and smiles. I miss you all so much and I am so glad to hear from you! 

We do not have much time today to email, so I am sorry if things are confusing or shorter. But I will try!

So this week, as you may have guessed, has been the best so far! (It get's better every week!) I have learned so much. There are just a few experiences I want to share, and maybe I will email more later.

So a few days ago, I think it was Saturday, we decided to clean up and rearrange our house. It was clean, and spacious and very nice looking and still is. It just invited the spirit better, I think. So I was relaxing on the couch for a few minutes, and decided to pray. I was feeling lonely, and a little discouraged with myself. So I prayed that heavenly father would 'give me a sign' to feel important, or happy. I started thinking about how to invite people to be baptized. And it just clicked! It made so much sense to me, just all of a sudden! So I got up, and was really happy and skipping, and went to the bathroom, and came out still smiling. Then, our landlord, Bro. Mortimer, brought down a package and a letter for me. I was so happy. SO happy. I instantly knew, like without a doubt, that the church was true! Such a weird situation to realize that, but I just knew. 

One of my talents I think, is being able to recognize blessings, tender mercies, and the Lord's hand real quick when they happen. So I prayed and thanked heavenly father for showing me kindness and I felt so loved! And in the package, was everything I needed. My exact 4 favorite shirts from home. Candy. The letter. I was just so blessed. I couldn't stop thanking heavenly father. I decided it was the best day ever. And then, I decided that I was going to make EVERY day the best day ever! I must admit, of course I am struggling and frustrated with myself, but I know I am progressing and I am doing the Lord's work. So that makes me happy, to know that I CAN improve.

You know Josh, we found him my first Sunday here. He came up to Utah to live with his girlfriend, who is a member.(He moved out into a different place once we started teaching him.) He attended church, and decided he wanted to hear the missionary lessons! So we taught him. He has been amazing! We invited him to be baptized, and he said he felt like that was the right thing to do! So we invited him to invite his family from down in Salt Lake. And he found out his brother, who he hadn't been talking to for a while, was also taking the lessons, and getting baptized THE DAY AFTER JOSH. It was so cool! So guess what?! Happy story!! We baptized Josh on Friday :) and he was just confirmed a member of the church yesterday. And he and his girlfriend are getting married in less than a month! And we are going to their wedding, and maybe even marrying them! Did you know missionaries can do that?! It's cool. So that is the story of my first baptism :)

His girlfriend/fiancee was born a day before me at the same hospital in Provo! So that is kinda cool too. We are all pretty good friends, because we are all the same age.

I am excited for things to improve in my life. We set 2 baptism dates yesterday for December 6. Hopefully that will go as planned! 

So having 5 wards, I must say, we have a lot of Halloween parties! We have been to a few and still have more left! I am getting sick of candy.

Sometimes things get tough. I'm not always exactly sure what to do when they happen, except pray. And I KNOW how well prayer works. Heavenly Father wants to hear from each and every one of us. Don't be shy! Just ask our father! He is waiting with arms open wide!

There have been so many neat things happening and I wish I could write all of them down. But I just can't! But the Lord is truly blessing us. We have had more success in this area than any other Elders for a long time. It truly strengthens my testimony, that I know Elder Mason and I are supposed to be here RIGHT now, at this exact time serving these people together. It's tough, but the Lord has a plan.

I love you all so much. So much. I think about you every day. I need your prayers! :) I have seen them come into effect! "

No comments:

Post a Comment