Monday, December 1, 2014

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

"Lieber Familie,

Shall I just start? Ja I shall.

Montag- It was awesome! We went to Köln and saw the christmas markts. They are flipping amazing! I love Christmas here... and it is only the first of Dezember! We went in the Kölner Dom and I made funny videos of it hahaha. I love life here! It is so much fun! I have fun in contacting and the work as well. The Kölner dom is still scary haha. We also went to a huge store for outdoors things. There Is a big pool inside of it you can test out scuba things. There is also a wind room that gets super cold, so you can test out jackets. Really cool. Elder Ashton and I got Non-comp onezies. I will send a pic haha. Really awesome P-day!

Dienstag- Great day. We met with Köster and I told him that he will come to church before I leave. And I am 100% sure that he will. On Tuesday we also had a split. I led Elder Nelson, our distrikt leader, around. We went by on less actives and what not. It was good. We also saw a guy walk across the train tracks.... a HUGE NO NO here. Haha it was hilarious. 

Mittwoch- We had zone training all day. Blahhh It was boring but fun at the same time haha. Elder TInker and I just laughed and joked around a lot. I freaking love Elder Tinker. 

Donnerstag- We saw something really cool happen. we had an appointment with Sky... but due to `"bad luck" our joint teach fell out. So we were walking home and decided to go by on a guy that we have been trying to get a hold of for months. He actually answered this time!! New investigator! Really cool how things like that work out. I love miracles! Claudia, the miracle mexican lady, invited us over for thanksgiving dinner and introduced us to her friend that she is living with. She lives in a HUGE beautiful 100 year old haus. Really cool. Her friend has a lot of potential. He is really cool and nice. I will work on that!

Freitag-- was scary. Friday was danger day. The day that President makes calls to call Zone leaders, distrik leaders, and trainers. I told everyone that I felt like I as going to become a trainer. And DING DING DING. I was right. President called us when we were driving to Remscheid. He ask me to be  trainer. He told me that a Trainer is the most important calling in the mission, and he calls his trainers before anyone else. And Now, I am a trainer.

Saturday- Transfer calls. They announced me and like 6 other elders as trainers. VERY small group coming from the MTC. One of them is my future baby haha. Elder Clement is going to Kaiserslautern. I will stay in Solingen for at least 12 more weeks and train my baby. We also did some good work on Saturday... as in, weekly planning and cooking  a turkey. hahaha it is very good. And.... we brinned it in our bathtub. Hahaha

Sunday was normal. We had a super long appointment with the Bäumers. They invited their bruder and he argued with us forever. 4 hours of arguing sucks. I had a huge headache. Hahaha!


SO yeah, that is my week. 

Today we are going to Köln again. I love it. I love Köln! It is so old... and the markts are awesome!

On Wednesday I travel to Frankfurt. Only 2 people from my zone are getting a golden. Me and someone else. So yeah we get matched with our goldens on Thursday, and then we go home. I get to train him not to have heimweh (homesickness) and how to speak German! JA! hahaha 

I am really excited. And scared. It is super rare to train so young. Actually, most of the people from my MTC group are still with their trainers. Haha pretty funny!

I am excited! AHH. I get to be a baby raising a baby! Fun stuff!

Sorry this is so short... I will send a lot of pictures! Which present is mein by the way? haha I forgot already!

Oh yeah.. Bischof Pauly Head butted me. Ow.

I love the work, and I love doing the Lords will. My golden and I will have an adventure, that is for sure.

For a spiritual thought...  I know the Lord calls people who need to learn. I obviously need to learn how to teach someone. We will be chickens with our heads cut off, but we will have the spirit, and we will set this place on fire! Solingen is probably one of the hardest areas, but we will change that!

I love you guys so much! Stay strong! And please, Pray for me... I am gonna need a lot of help:)

Oh yeah... Maybe set up a skype account so I can write it down. 

Love you all! Stay strong!"

No comments:

Post a Comment