Sunday, December 13, 2015

Words from Elder Chandon Herring in Washinton DC

Well my family its been another interesting week. A lot has happened and we are doing our best with what we have. This week here was actually fairly good. We had a lot of really interesting experiences. We've been trying to do what is called the elder Ballard challenge. That is where every missionary talks to at least 10 people every day for a period of about seven weeks. That comes out to just about 80,000 people for our mission. It gets really difficult when we don't have too much time to go and do it but we make it work. :-) On the Saturday night we went contacting at the Rockville metro stop. It was really good.  we started a little late because we had previous engagements but we always love the opportunity to talk with people. I started talking with a man and he was one who I've seen before. He and I had a really long talk about families and how his family is doing right now. Just let me say that we are very blessed with the families that we have and the jobs we have. I had a wonderful opportunity to testify to him of the divinity of this great and glorious work. It really has made all the difference to me and my family and seeing the ways it can help him and his family. We had a great lesson as we talked about the restoration and about the significance of it all. He promised that he would read the book of Mormon with his family and that they would pray about it because he's always looking for truth. People tell us that all the time so you can always tell when they are sincere or not and he was very sincere. I went around and talked to a few more people but then I came across a lady. She has been having a very rough week! So much has happened and she is trying her best. We met with her and she was so curious about everything that we had to say again we taught her the restoration and the bits and pieces of the plan of salvation. As I was teaching her elder Ord came over and asked to speak with me. The man that he had been talking to was a member of the church who had had a series of bad luck experiences,  I guess, that left him homeless and destitute. He held the Mel  priesthood and was preparing to go to the temple right before all the bad stuff happened. He asked for a blessing and the lady I was teaching was able to be there for it. It really was a wonderful experience and she was touched. We're very excited to continue to meet with her. We talked with the homeless man for a bit longer and then we had to go. It was a little past curfew ;-) that night just kind of helped open my eyes to see how much that we really do have. I'm so very grateful for my family and for the Gospel in my life. There's so many people I have that have helped or can help me if I need it. I am in a position that I have those Who love me always around me and always there for support. I hope all of you know that if you need me to do anything for you all you have to do is ask and I'll do what I can. I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!

-Herr Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment