Sunday, December 13, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!

What a wonderful time to be Thankful! I'd like to share my ponderized scripture with you about being thankful. It's D&C 138:28: "If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving." At this time of year, I want to express my gratitude for the Savior, for my family, for my mission, for the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation, and for every person in my life that has touched me and changed me. I feel so blessed and so lucky to have led the life I've lived and to have the family and friends I have. God truly is SO good.

Lee's baptism was wonderful!!! She is terrified of water and is claustrophobic, so she was scared to death to get into the font. But she did it anyway because she's stubborn and awesome! Elder Hollingsworth, the couple that's serving in our ward from Alabama, baptized her and he did awesome. She had a look of pure fright when he put her in and out of the water. But, right after it happened she said "That was fast!" Haha. She was glowing after she got dried and dressed. And when she got confirmed on Sunday, she had a huge smile from ear to ear. It was truly a very wonderful experience to be a part of! She's changed so much from when I met her a year ago, and yet she's still the same person. She doesn't take any nonsense from anyone and she'll always be straight up with you. It's awesome! How grateful I am that she made this choice in her life at this time. In her confirmation blessing, the Lord told her that if she kept learning and going to church, she would be able to go to the temple and get sealed to her deceased husband and have a wonderful and very sacred experience there. It was beautiful! 

Also, we had a cool experience yesterday at church as well. Sophia came to church with her aunt, and her aunt came to our Gospel Principles class. My comp and I were teaching about Judgement and the Kingdoms of Glory, and this lady asked a very awesome question. She asked how she and her husband, who had passed away five years ago, could be together forever if they didn't belong to this church? She was a little bit antagonistic with it at first. But, after some wonderful and very profound answers from everyone in the class, her countenance changed and she softened a lot. At the end of class she asked if she could keep the gospel principles book to read! MIRACLES! It was awesome! We also had a less-active man that the elders brought to church come to our class. He hasn't been back in 20 years and we talked with him after the class and he said it felt good to be back. He had a wonderful time and we were so glad to see him there! 

I got an e-mail from Jade (my 14-year old convert in my last area) today saying that she got to go to the temple last week and do baptisms for the dead. She said it was a wonderful experience and that she felt the Spirit so strong and learned a lot. It was truly wonderful hearing that from her! This gospel really does change lives in so many ways! We must always keep learning and growing because it will continue to bless us as we do so!

Several people have asked me about the stock show, and sadly we got rejected. My mission president is asking to be put on some kind of waiting list if they have one. I'm really bummed it didn't happen, but maybe a miracle will happen and we can get in last second! 

Well, everyone, I hope y'all have a wonderful, gratitude-filled week! I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for everything! God bless you all!

Love, Sister Platt
#Godisgood
#1,001

No comments:

Post a Comment