Sunday, December 13, 2015

Words from Elder Otto in Idaho


Hey everybody!!

This week was so super good! It's been like one of my most favorite weeks in my mission! I don't know why, but it was just really good! We had so many little miracles and lots of struggles and trials! But everything works out how it needs to! 

This week we found a bunch of new investigators, taught a ton of lessons, and just had so much fun! Working with members is the key. It is SO nice when the members go out with us to help find and teach! We have so much more success, and it makes lots more people happy :) So go do it! 

Thanksgiving was great! This year, we just had one dinner. It was with a less active family that we teach every week and they are absolutely hilarious! Makes me feel at home :) They have some goofy kids and lots of pets :) Last year we had 3 dinners, so it was nice only to have one. We did a service project thanksgiving morning helping out at a marathon to feed the hungry. It was a TON of fun, but holy moly it was cold! It had snowed all night, and there was about 7 inches of snow! Brrrr! Then, at 6 that night we got together with our zone and had a blast playing a bunch of games. We have the best missionaries in the mission in our zone. I love em so much. Ahhhh it's the best! Lemme tell ya, missions are the absolute best. You make the best friends ever, feel super happy, grow from the worst trials, and change into who our Savior wants us to be! I love my mission so much :)

On Friday we had MLC, and oh my gosh, it was the best one I have been to yet! We discussed so many things, and the spirit was super strong. I am so grateful for our mission. I am so privileged to serve in the Idaho Pocatello Mission! it's for real the best one there is!!! :) I love itttt!!! I KNOW I was sent here for a purpose! I have met incredible people who have changed my life forever! Heavenly Father always knows what he's doing :) He sure does love us!

So on Saturday on our way to dinner, we got in a car wreck! It was pretty bad. My companion was driving and we slid right through a stop sign on the ice and T-boned someone. Their whole door was smashed and their windows shattered. Our car just got beat up in the front a little. But their car was totally destroyed on one side. There were three teenage boys in the car, and none of them got hurt. We just got our heads thrown a bit, and my knees hit the glove box pretty hard. I have some bruises and some pain in them, but we are ok! I went to the Chiropractor this morning and he helped pop my head back in place haha! Heavenly Father was for sure watching out for us!

On Sunday, we gave talks again. It went really well! We have to give talks pretty often in our mission. Covering 10 wards, yeesh! But it's for the best! We go to four sacrament meetings each sunday as well. I am so blessed to get to partake of the sacrament so often!

I hope yall enjoyed your thanksgiving! I love all of you, and love yourself too! Have a wonderful week!!! :)
Love,
Elder Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment