Sunday, December 13, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!

I have like no time, so this is gunna be short. Lee is getting baptized on Saturday!!! We're so excited! We're meeting with her tonight at our mission president's home to teach about temples and family history and eternal marriage. I'm just thrilled to go into more detail about this with her so that she can prepare to go to the temple. Please keep her in your prayers! We're also meeting with a less-active woman named Tina. She is wonderful! She is dying from cancer and the doctor's have stopped giving her blood transfusions and have told her there's nothing more they can do. It absolutely breaks my heart! But, she's so humble and loving and she's wanting to make her life right before she passes. She's feeding us dinner on Tuesday along with her boyfriend and we're going to teach her about the plan of salvation. Please pray that that goes well and that it helps her to feel the Spirit and to feel peaceful, and to make right everything with God. She has so touched my life and I'm grateful we've had the chance to get to know her and to help her spiritually. It really just emphasizes to me how short this life really is, and how important it is that we use the time we've been given wisely. That's why I titled my e-mail "we're all human becomings." We're more than just beings. We're children of God becoming what He wants us to become!

One more thought and then I have to go! With the policy changes with the Handbook and the ridiculous outcry and lies of the media, I just want those who are questioning to think about this: Families are super important to God. Also, baptism is a very, very sacred and serious covenant. We do not make it unless we're willing to follow and support the teachings of God through His servants the Prophet and Apostles. We will not have a child, who comes from a homosexual family life, make a covenant that they literally cannot, with out an educated decision, support and uphold when their family teaches something that God states is wrong. It's not fair to the child, nor to their family, nor to the Lord. I'm sick of the media and all the crap they say that is not true. If you question, please pray! Please become educated! And please read it straight from the horse's mouth if you do question:


We support and follow what the Prophet says because we know that the Prophet will never lead us astray. Ever. God's laws on families are very clear. As missionaries, we support and sustain the Prophet and we will teach what we know to be true. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks for your countless prayers and support on my behalf. I'm truly grateful!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment