Saturday, December 13, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

12-1-14 Choo choo! Here comes the transfer train!

"Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had as a wonderful week as I had! Thanksgiving was great! So...I only ended up fasting for the morning because I found out I was getting transferred. So I ate at 1...but we ate with a few families and it was really good! We played games and had a wonderful time :)

So, on wednesday I found out I was being transferred! yes, I was shocked and disapointed! I was excited because they told us they were taking the other set of missionaries out of the stake, so we would be covering the whole stake! Pretty crazy, and doubling the work! But then they called and said I was getting transferred to northern Idaho Falls! I was like, awwwww!!! But at least I would still be able to baptize the R---- kids because it wasn't too far.

But then they broke my heart again! They called back a few hours later and said I was now going to Pocatello! But I am super excited and can't wait!!! My companion will be Elder Miller and he is a Spanish speaking elder! We will be doing English work though. I am so excited and I hope I can learn some Spanish from him! :) I am so excited! I know know know I need to be in Pocatello right now. Whether if it's for myself, or other people. I am ready! I will leave on Wednesday morning. It's called the 'transfer train' but it is just a van and a trailer. I rode on it on the way to Ammon. 

Elder Mason will be training again! This will be his third trainee! He was bummed at first, but now he is excited! He just hopes he isn't anything like me ;) So he will most likely stay here until the end of his mission, with a total of 9 months in this area! I am so blessed and excited to start out fresh in Pocatello! And I am done with training!!! Wooohoo!!!

So, we found out the R---- kids will not be getting baptized. Their father won't let them. It was sad! And they were sad that I was leaving and wouldn't be able to baptize them either. But the Lord has a plan! It will all work out! It was really sweet, they asked me for my email and emailed me. Good kids!

There is so much I have learned...golly! And so much that I will miss! But all is well :) So we have been with the other Elders a lot lately, Elder Yates and Pridmore. I am gonna miss them! But Elder Pridmore will be companions with Elder Schuelke!!! My MTC comp! So I am excited for both of them :)

And in my new zone in Pokey is Sister Brimley! She is like my mom/big sister from the MTC :)

I am so grateful to be here on a mission, and I know there will be many struggles ahead. But we only make them setbacks when we allow it. So being happy is a choice, and a big part of our lives! I have decided that every day will be the best day ever. And it is sort of working...just gotta have more faith haha! 

I also made up a new 'self'. I wrote a page in my study journal called "Becoming Elder Otto." There are so many things I want to be, and I can do it! This new Elder Otto is happy, confident, energetic, and doesn't care what other's think of him! So I am super excited for that as well :) I talk to myself in the mirror now getting myself pumped up! Haha

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support! You are all a huge blessing to my life! Thanks for all the letters and packages! They help SO much! 

Please send any letters or packages now to the mission office. My parents should have the address! I will be right by the mission office in Pokey. So thanks! I love you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment