Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Elder Brandon Day in Oklahoma

"This week has been pretty fun! We had our Christmas conference on Thursday the 11th, and I had a great time with all the other elders and sisters that are in the mission, and I met a lot of great people! I ran into a friend that I met on a church history tour I went on two summers ago, and we're both in the same mission! So it was great to see him. OKC was pretty cool too, we drove through downtown in the evening and there were so many Christmas lights and it was a cool sight! Fuel is cheep there too, I saw it as low as 2.09, I've never seen it that low! Last Monday our district went on a tour of a huge mansion in Ponca City, called the Marland Mansion. This man had a huge mansion built in three years back in the 1920's, and it cost 5.5 million! He was successful in the oil industry and owned one tenth of all the oil industry! But this mansion was pretty intense and very beautiful! I wish I could describe it more! But we had a great time there. This last Saturday we stopped by an investigators home by the name of Huey Day. I set a baptism date with her two weeks ago and she is still deciding if she wants to do it. But she had family over and we met her son, and he was super interested in listening to us. Very religious and very spiritual! He couldn't get over the fact that we both had the same last name, he absolutely loved it! He welds for a living too, and when I told him I weld too, he went off on how awesome the Day family is hahaha! We had such a good connection with them and they both agreed to keep reading out of the Book of Mormon, and we're going back tomorrow morning to see how they are doing with it. I'm so excited to see how they progress and they are absolutely loving this message we've shared with them. So it was a pretty great week! Enjoy the Christmas season everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment