Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

"Buenas familia y amigos!! Well guess what?! TOday is my two month mark! Crazy!! Time really is starting to fly here and i can´t believe it has already been another week! This week was so hard and yet amazing!! First off, Emily Ordoñez was baptized on Saturday! It was such an incredible expereince for me. When we first met Emily, she was totaly shy, but on Saturday, i could see the light of Christ reflected in her eyes and she was sooo happy! I was reminded of the grand purpose i have here in Honduras and it made me more determined than ever to learn this language and to work my hardest in the short amount of time i have left.

However, we had some really hard times this week... two days before EMily´s baptism, we had a lesson with her whole family and the my district leader and his comp came with us so we could talk about the importance of marriage and that Hro. and Hra. Ordoñez needed to be married before they could get baptized. We wer really hoping the lesson would change their attitudes and really help them. But, the lesson was a complete disaster. Hro. Ordoñez was drunk... and laughed completely at our testimonies and the things we told him. He refused to get married... and said he never wanted to meet with us agian. Oh my goodness was that hard for me... the look on Emily´s face and the look on her mom´s face was soooo heart breaking... Her mom wants to be baptized so bad... but she won´t leave her ´husband´. It was so hard for me to see this family reject the gospel when i know what it could do to change there lives and help their dire circumstances. We left pretty depressed... but the next day, Hra. Ordonñez called us and said she still wanted Emily to be baptized. So Saturday, the whole family came (besides the dad) came and it was an amazing service. 

Well, i am out of time, but I just want you all to know how amazing my misison is here. I am experiencing so many miracles in my own life and seeing miracles in the lives of my investigators. The Lord is here with me and I can feel His power in my life. Please, turn your lives over to Him! NOthing is more important than He is! I can promise you that. He is the gift and he is everything. Make Him the center of your lives! I love you all. Thank you for your prayers!! "

No comments:

Post a Comment