Monday, December 1, 2014

Words from Elder Brandon Day in Oklahoma

"Hello everyone! I'm finally in Oklahoma, can you believe it!? We left the MTC Tuesday morning at 3:30 am, and our bus broke down just before leaving provo. so we had to unload all the luggage and wait in the cold for a new bus! We then took two flights, my first time on an airplane. we flew all the way to Georgia then took another flight back to Oklahoma, so it made for a long trip! So we met our mission president when we got to the airport, and turns out he is 7 feet tall! makes me feel short! but they are amazing people and I'm glad to have them! Wednesday morning we all met our new companions and we went out to our zones, and I'm in Blackwell Oklahoma, towards the very top of the state. Its a very small town, just a little bigger than St. Johns, but the membership here is very little. we have a branch here with about 30 active members, so theres a lot of work to be done here! I've been here five days and we have had no shortage of appointments, we have met with lots of people ready to hear about the gospel, and im doing my best to help them! the spirit is really helping out a lot. But this place is just so poor and so many people are in rough shape, probably 90% of people here smoke, and its just hard to get any one to listen to our message. I've already experienced doors slammed in my face and people laughing at us, but I'm definitely learning from it! We have been in contact will lots of inactive members as well, trying to build up the branch, one of the biggest reasons they don't come is because they feel guilty about their past and what they have done. so we are working with them and helping them a lot, they are all great people. The weather hasn't been too bad either, yesterday was the only day we got some wind! But its been foggy and we got a little bit a rain, so not too bad yet. Being in the MTC really helped me a lot, but coming to the mission field has been completely different. it all becomes so real. the spirit is working in many ways to help us, so that we can help the people here, its really amazing, I wouldn't be able to be here without Him. But keep me in your prayers! Can't wait to hear from you all soon!"
 
And here is my address
 
523 E. College Ave.
Appartment #8
Blackwell, OK 74631
 

No comments:

Post a Comment