Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Elder Tyler Crosby in Tonga

" I hope this email finds you having a good Christmas Holiday season., because I know I have. Even though its been hard being away from my family at Christmas I have learned so much about Christmas and realized that there is a lot more to it than I thought. I was reading a story that mom sent me for Christmas!(Best mom) It was about a little boy who was saving up his money all year to buy Jesus the perfect gift. The little boy was just a poor little kid and had hardly any money. Christmas eve came and he went on the hunt for the perfect gift. He looked and looked and found nothing good enough. While he was looking for the gift he ran into a beggar and gave him a little money, then saw a kid who was crying gave him a little money. He went on to do many nice things to give to others. When he went home that night as he got ready for bed he started to cry realizing that he didn't get Jesus the perfect gift. His mom walked in a asked him what was wrong he explained. His mom then told him how him giving all of his money to help others was the best gift he could give to Jesus. I realized something I never did before. That is when we give to others not only are we helping the people we give to, but we are giving to Jesus also. Thats all he wants for Christmas! For us to do as we would to do do something for someone else. MY testimony has been strengthened a lot this Christmas season thinking about our savior and all he has done for us. I know he lives us with all his heart. I I love you guys so much dad. I hope the family has a wonderful Christmas! I will call at 12:30-1 on your Christmas day your time. I am so thankful to be a missionary and to spread this gospel. 
Merry Christmas!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment