Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

"Hallo!

So for starters, Skype. A family invited us over for Christmas... and hopefully for skype. They are pretty old, but super awesome. I worry that they have super slow internet or something. Let me just say... If something doesn't work out... I WILL go to the internet laden and skype you guys for real. If we get discontencted, NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THAT ANYMORE MORE GOSHDARN GERMAN, I will call you on the 26th. Keep you eye out for emails. So we were invited for 18 pm. I mean 6. So at 6 my time, get the computer ready haha. Everything will work out just fine. No worries.

Haha why do you guys want to hear my German so badly. I have only been here for 6th months. I do have the goal of being close to fluent before I leave. I takes a lot of work. I was asked to give a lesson on German study to my district because I do it so well. That is pretty cool. I can read fluently and write fluently... but my speaking lacks. Like, I can express myself, but it is a little slow... Thats why I have a year and a half to practice right? Haha It helps having a native speaker as a son. We do a lot of stuff in German. His English is funny. Like... I like rootbeer, It tastes like toothbrush... Hahaha funny kid! Yeah I understand everything too.

Monday was a blast. We went to Schlossburg.. even though it was closed. Oh well. It was awesome!! I got some awesome pictures! We also went to the Solingen knife shop. IT WAS AWESOME! Jensen would die in there. I might buy a knife. They are so flipping cool. I will send pics. Speaking of pics, You guys have no idee how many pics I have. I have almost taken 2000 picture. I took 150 one pday. Everyone wants my pictures. I am just like mom now. I love taking them.

Tuesday.. I can't really remember. We went to Dortmund! Duh. It was good. We had a meeting. It was awesome. After the meeting I got the notes from the seminary class. It was really, really cool. I loved it... and I will keep it probably forever. I remember writing those things... but getting them... Is awesome. TELL Bruder Richins that I flipping loved it! Thank you!

Wednesday was great. We went to Rörigs and had a good lesson. He showed us his morgansport thing. Haha he is a Horse. We also found people to teach... so great!

Thursday we went by on more less actives. So that was good. We then went by on Bischofs house for the class thing. That went well. Claudia came. She is active now. It feels good to have helped her. Really good. Twas a miracle.

Freitag war gooood. We went to Standermans haus. He gave me a beautiful Christmas Bierstein. Wow. Now I have 3.... hahaha my desk is getting full. We also went contacting but no one wanted to listen. 

Saturday was crazy good. We went to Matts house... the guy we found on the street. He is an investigator. He has less intrest than the lady that lives there. She asks us great questions and invited us over for dinner next Saturday! She likes us now. She slammed the door in our faces when we first met. Probably cuz i asked if the  black man lived there. In German of course haha. So she will probably be an investigator. WE GET SO MUCH DONE!
We then missed the train back home, so we took a bus... where we met a guy who wants a bom and has taken lessons before... but then moved to Germany and lost contact. We meet with him tomorrow. I will be in Wuppertal though. We have so many appointments! I,m lovin it! We then went to a refferals house. He is really awesome. He is super old and lonely. He brought us out to dinner. We took a taxi. We ate schnitzel in a bar. Gosh it was good. I have a pic of Alfred. He is really awesome. And guess what? He has a book of mormon now! Sweet!

Samstag was sad. Köster didnt show. Schade. He is sooooo close. But We cant force him. Oh well. We will try again. We then went to Bischofs for dinner. It was crazy good! I love it. Sister Pauly can cook. And Bischof is so funny. I love watching German mothers get mad at their kids. It is like WW2. Hahaha Angry Germans are scary.

So Elder Bader Is skyping first, so be ready sometime after 6... my time. I will shoot an email if something doesnt work out. We will figure it out though. trust me!

Today is just chilling out. I need a nap. Not really though. I want to go look in the knife shop some more. And.... we are playing soccer. BLEGH.


So ja! Everything is going great! I love the people, I love the work, I love my comp, I love the language. I love contacting. And I am a Mormon. Hahaha

I just want to talk about miracles! Missing trains and finding people who want to listen because of it. So cool. I know for a fact that they are miracles. The Lord wants us to find his ready children. It just proves our message is true! Haha I have lots of stories like that! Having the feeling to take diiferent buses too. Listening to the Holy Ghost is true. DO it.

SO yeah. We will talk more this week. I am excited! If worst comes to worse I will have someone facebook you and explain. Just be ready for anything. WE WIIL SKYPE. I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO BREAK INTO A LADEN! Hahahah

Cant wait to see you all!

Bis dann! 

LOVE YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment