Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

"Idaho-ho-ho!

Well! Another week has gone by! It has snowed and rained a lot lately, and it is super cold! Not too fun when you are walking! But we have been ok :) Too bad the snow doesn't stick!

So last Monday for p-day we went to the institute and played ping pong and pool. That was pretty fun. I don't really remember a lot of this week....so I will try my best!

We have had so many lessons with people who abuse substances lately! It's so crazy and awkward! I would have felt so weird if I had not been a missionary. But as a missionary, I feel safer and like I can do it! This one guy is pretty old, and he really wants to get baptized, his name is "Vanilla man" ( A sister in our ward gives everyone nicknames....) But he was super drunk when we met with him, and he kept on touching me and hugging me. He calls me Todo...like the Wizard of Oz dog! It's funny..There is also "Chocolate man" and he was supposed to get baptized in January, but he won't stop smoking and drinking. It's been tough, because he has been a bad example for Vanilla Man who is trying really hard to give up his habits. There is also a man named Papa Smurf..he thinks he is super healthy, but he drinks and smokes like crazy and thinks he doesn't think he needs to change. 

We have so many people who could be baptized in the next few months, but they just won't give up their stinking addictions! Now I know why when missionaries feel like they wanna take away other people's agency. 

These are super crazy people...but I really like teaching them because I feel like I can be myself! :) They don't keep their commitments though, which ails my soul! 

There is this super old nasty apartment building that we go to a lot, and we have a few investigators living there. We knocked on this one door and this woman answered and we talked for like over an hour! But I never have wanted someone so badly to read the Book of Mormon! She said she respects all religions and us, and she was super friendly. She said she would try reading it and then give the book away. She said she will absolutely not change her religion, which is Christian, (I don't think she understood when we talked about 5 mins about how we were Christians too.) But I invited her to be baptized, so hopefully she will get her answer! I really want her to get that answer!

We had two ward Christmas parties this week, and they were both pretty good. Lot's of food, and I am getting fat! Thankfully I am in a walking area, and haven't gained any weight yet!

Elder Miller and I sang in the choir for the Christmas sacrament meeting, and we were gonna have to give talks, but they ran out of time. Happy day :)

Last night we went and listened to Nashville tribute band. I could barely stay awake! Haha...they were pretty good though.

This place is so awesome though! I think they might combine it with the other side of the stake next transfer though, because there isn't too much progression here. Oh, and the members here are nice, but  "use" us too much...haha...Oh well! Good learning experiences! I have never taught so many classes at church before!

Well, all is well, and I definitely appreciate all the emails and letters I have received! The seminary one was awesome!!! I miss and love you all!


Sorry this email is really short! But I have lots of stuff going on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment