Saturday, December 27, 2014

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

"Dear Fam!

Let me start of by saying happy birthday to mom! That is awesome! 

What else? Hmm... I will give final skype details next Monday. And if worst comes to worst... I will just email you and tell you change of plans. We could do them at Kösters house on the 26th. I am not yet sure though! Dont worry about it though! We will skype for sure!

It is really super cold out. It has rained all morning. And... I am wearing gym shorts haha... you know me and my gym shorts! People look at my funny. This morning we went to the bakery around the corner for breakfast. Mmmmmm. There is literally a bakery everywhere I look. There is at least 35 in a 1 kilometer radius.

So Montag... We went to Köln again! It was a lot of fun. We went and climbed the dom again. I was with Elder Tinker and my Comp. It was awesome. I loved looking at the Christmas markts from a birds eye view. Then we went home on time... and then street contacted. Cuz we arent LAZY! haha Actually, we found 3 potential investigators. We have their numbers. We are doing such better work now. We contact everyone. So that is cool. It also snowed on Monday. I wrote Mormon.org in the snow. Oh! So we have been handing out "Er ist das Geschenk" cards. Watch the video on mormon.org. It is really good. But not in German. Actually yes in German. You need to learn it. (He is the Gift) (here is the link to the video Kyle is talking about. It is really beautiful! http://www.mormon.org/christmas)

Dienstag was also good. We met with Sky and he believes in Jesus Christ. Wow... still making great progress. We also helped a guy with family history. And more contacting. We don't waste any time around here!

Mittwoch- I cant really remember! Mostly just contacting and helping people out. I love helping people!
Donnerstag was fun, cuz we taked to Sky about fasting. He seemed interessed. Turns out... He didn't want to eat the sacrament bread... because he was fasting for a math test! Wow... He loves our lessons so much. He really trusts us.

Freitag war auch gut. Wir haben vieles gemacht. Wir haben mit Claudia getroffen und sie hat gesagt, dass sie ein BOM will, damit sie es mitteilen konnte. Wunderbar! Es war wirklich ein Wunder. Ich bin sehr Dankbar, dass Ich ihr geholfen habe. Wir haben auch "weekly planning" Gemacht. So ja. Sehr gut. (Friday was also good. We have done many things. We met with Claudia and she has said that she wants a BOM , so she could read it . Wonderful! It was truly a miracle. I am very grateful that I have helped her. We also have "weekly planning" made . So yes . Very good .)

Samstag was hilarious. We went to our appt with Matt. We missed our bus and got there 15 minutes late. But i am so thankful that we did. We knocked and rang but no one answered. We gave up and started walking to Hauptbahnhof, when we ran into Matt. We have almost missed him twice now... but both times we barely got to meet. Someone wants us to meet with him. We went to his haus and met a lady. She asked us a lot of questions about our church and we had the oppurtunity to bear witness and teach. Maybe she will become an investigator? no idea. Matt became one though! We finished the day of contacting. We gave out many cards and had a lot of good conversations. We also met with an old man. We got a refferal from Idaho. He talked to us for 4 hours. He was really cool. He will become and investigator too.

Sonntag was really good. Ja, Sky fasted and that is great. Bruder Ponh, Skys dad, forgot his teeth.... ja... hahaha.

We learned that Bischof Pauly went to Kösters haus and talked for like 3 hours! Bruder Köster is for sure coming next week!!! YES! FINALLY! I told bruder Köster like 2 months ago that I wouldn't leave until he was active again... looks like I was right! Hahaha. Yes! It has been so much work! Asking inspired questions is what helped him the most! We then ate with the Helzers... which was scary. Then we went contacting. We went on a go-by. No one answered. We were walking home, when we had the chance to take a bus. Let me tell you... I wanted to take the bus. Ive been sick, and It was cold... but I had the feeling that we should just keeping walking. So we walked. About 10 minutes later, we saw a guy a distance away, I told my son that it was all him, and I told him to contact the guy. Turns out... He became an investigator! He has intrest and wants to learn more. We got his adress and name and made an appointment. WOW! I am so glad I listened to that prompting! I love stuff like that!!

So this week we have a crazy busy week. Lots of investigator APPTs and what not. We are so busy I love it!!  

Well my son and I have found 2 investigators and like 7 potentials in a week and a half.

Today we are going to Schlossburg! Ja! Cool! We are also going over the bridge on the train! Finally they fixed it!


I love you guys so much. I know that God puts people in our path. I know our message is true. I know that it will bless the lives of everyone who will just listen. I know it. It really is true.
Our loving Heavenly Father wants the best for us... Just ask him. 

I love you guys so much!! I hope everything goes well! Basketball sounds great.... I miss it though. I wish I would have practiced more haha I could have been way better.

Egal.

So ja, Love you guys.

Keep your eyes out for emails.

Stay safe... learn German for me... ok?

Hahaa

Aber du willst nicht.

Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment