Monday, December 1, 2014

Words from Elder Brandon Day in Oklahoma

"Hello everyone! How did Thanksgiving go for you all?? Oklahoma has been great so far, this week was a lot of fun and we've met lots of people that have so much love for Christ, its amazing! I even met someone who has my same last name, and we're getting ready to teach her, I'm excited! Thanksgiving was good, we had three different meals so I was pretty stuffed, definitely weird being away from home and family though. This last Friday our zone got together and had a training for a new initiative that the church is doing and its called, He Is The Gift. The church has made a new website christmas.mormon.org and on this website there is a short three minute video explaining that Christ is the true meaning of Christmas, and a lot of us tend to forget that. We're here because of Him, He has given us hope and peace in this life and something to look forward to after. The church has rented out the YouTube banner for December 7th where and estimated 220 million people will see it. Times Square in New York City will be displaying this message for the whole month. I invite all of you to discover, embrace, and share the Gift. I absolutely love this message and everyone needs to see it. Visit this website and watch the video, get familiar with the site so that you can share it with others and share it on social media. We need everyone that we possibly can to share this message. The rest of the week went well, I gave a talk in sacrament yesterday, and it actually turned out pretty good. wasn't like my five minute farewell talk! but I spoke on missionary work and I enjoyed it. We had some good investigators and some less actives come to church so it was a great day. I hope all is well with everyone, keep sending your support! Love you all and have a happy holiday season!"

No comments:

Post a Comment