Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wprds from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

"White Christmas

This week has been awesome! Lot's of trials and tribulations, but also many miracles! This truly is the best season of the year, and I know that as I've focused all of my attention on the Savior, I have been blessed with plenty of miracles!

Thank you all so much for the packages and mail! I am so very truly blessed, and I thank my Heavenly Father daily for how blessed I am! I am blessed beyond belief!

So this has been quite the week! It hasn't really snowed at all yet, which is very disappointing! Only on the far off mountains in the distance is there snow. But it's all good! Because I am going to be having a different white Christmas! A Christmas where someone will enter into the waters of baptism, and make steps towards living with our Heavenly Father eternally! 

A miracle: We had been loosing our dates set with investigators because of bad habits. But we continued to have faith and do our best, and the Lord blessed us with a new move in. She had been taught most everything, and just got here a week ago. We were able to set a date for her on Dec 27, and she is super ready! The only difficulty was that she was drinking coffee. So we told her she needed to quit, and she understood. She said she would give her coffee to her son. We told her we would bring her all of our hot chocolate, and we did, and when we got there she gave us her coffee. It was really tough for her, but she knew she needed to do it! It was awesome! So thank you so much everyone for sending me hot chocolate! Because we were able to give her a grocery bag full of it! It's been amazing :)

So I found out again that Elder Billadeu from New Hampshire served in this area! That's two that I've served where he has! It's awesome, to see in the area book the people he taught a few years ago, and now how I am doing the same!

We had dinner with a family last night, and they know Brittany Platt! Their names are the Hendersons, and they worked together in Jackson on the ranches! It was good to know that they knew someone I knew :) They said they loved her!

This past week, I have truly learned to FORGET MYSELF AND GO TO WORK! I put aside my fears, and became an even better missionary! I ignored my personal desires and focused on my investigators. It may seem weird, but I was totally happier this week! I constantly thought about them and what I could do to help them. The spirit was able to speak to me better, and I was able to teach with more power and authority than I ever have before! My tongue was loosed, and the spirit truly flowed from my mouth and touched the hearts of my investigators. I still have a lot to learn and improve on, and I am so excited for that! And so happy to use the atonement for when I mess up!

On Saturday I went on exchanges with my district leader, Elder Jordan. He came into my area, and I had to lead out! He is an awesome missionary and helped me lose my fears! When you work hard, without break, you feel so much more successful at the end of the day! Being exactly obedient brings exact blessings! So we went and taught this couple we are working with, (the ones who...need lot's of help!) and they seemed pretty receptive! Their water had been turned off due to their lack of rent or something. But we had a lesson with them and talked about the importance of church. At the end, we asked if there was anything we could do for them. She said, we need a miracle, we need our water back! And it just popped into my head to promise them a blessing! The spirit hit me strongly, and I couldn't ignore it. I was shaky but I promised them in the name of Jesus Christ, if they read and prayed that night, their water would be turned back on in the morning. They were shocked, and I knew they felt the power of that promise. They said they would do it. I saw them at church yesterday, and asked them about it. They didn't read or pray, which made me sad. I know it would have happened! They just need to act on their faith now. There is only so much we can do for them.

I am blessed beyond measure! I have learned so much so far here in Poky, and I love it! I've learned that as I remember how much the Lord and God love me, I have a stronger desire to love these people. It makes it so much easier when we remember that. I know this church is true, and there have been so many miracles here! I am so blessed to be a part of God's army during this time! It is truly amazing! I love you all!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment