Sunday, January 4, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho



"This week has been awesome! We have had so much fun and sooo many miracles happen!

One extreme blessing for me: It was dry and brown outside and there wasn't any snow. But we had a zone activity on Christmas Eve night, and when we came outside, it was snowing and there was a ton of snow everywhere! Everyone screamed with joy and stuff! :) And it snowed most of the day on Christmas :) Heavenly Father knew how important a white Christmas was to us haha! :) 

And not only a white Christmas of snow, but dun dun dun!!! A BAPTISM! Yes, Alicia was baptized on Saturday! I was sooo happy! She was a true miracle; we didn't know how it was gonna happen, but she pulled through! She is so amazing and happy and it makes my heart swell with joy! She's adorable. And then, I was able to give the best gift ever yesterday! I gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirmed her a member! Oh, that was so special! I'm gonna get teary eyed :') haha! But she is amazing. And we have been so blessed. SO blessed.

These past few days of celebrating Christmas have been amazing. I love the other missionaries in my zone. We had activities on Christmas Eve and Day. We have so much fun together! It's amazing! I never would have thought MISSIONARIES would be some of my closest friends!

So many of our investigators have been able to progress lately too! Our zone has been focusing on a sense of urgency- there's no use delaying salvation! The one couple we have been working with have been reading and praying! THAT'S a miracle! They are finally working on getting their previous marriage canceled, and hopefully they will be able to be baptized soon! They are so crazily wonderful! :)

And we found this new person who we are trying to get baptized ASAP. He has the strongest desire to quit smoking, and really wants to get baptized. So we are working on him, and it seems to be looking good! He has some mental problems, and believes some pretty bizarre stuff, but that's OK! Heavenly Father has blessed us so much! I pray everyday to recognize our blessings and miracles, and so far, there have been MANY!

I love you all so much, and can't thank you enough for all that you do! Christmas was sooo amazing, in a way I never have experienced. I love it out here! It's so tough, so tough. But I just can't imagine my life not being a missionary now. I only have 20 months left! There is so much work to be done! I love you all!!!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment