Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

"Well everyone, this week was the hardest week of my mission yet. I can´t even explain it. But i received a ton of strength and learned what faith really means. My mission is like a roller coaster.. or better yet, it´s like the ferris wheel at the apache county fair. One moment, I´m at the top. I can see all the lights, I am happy, everything is beautiful and the stars are super close. . But the next moment, I´m at the bottom. I can´t see the stars, And it´s difficult to imagine what the top was like. Then at other moments, the ride just stops. And i don´t know when it will start again or what it feels like when the ride was going. That is exactly my mission. One moment, everything is perfect! We are teaching like crazy, our investigators are coming to church, and i am totally happy! And the next day, it´s the complete opposite. No one wants to listen, my Spanish is terrible, and I am super discouraged. This week, we had two more baptisms fall through. And my heart seriously broke. But i want to share something that helped me remember my purpose in coming. I was praying after our second baptism fell through. I needed a lot of strength. I asked why it wasn´t more easier, and right away, a talk that i once heard by elder Holland came into my mind. He was talking about the atonement and the work of salvation and he said, ´´ the Work of Salvation has never been easy. It was never easy for Him, so why would you think it would be easy for you? It is a privilege for you to feel a little bit of what He felt and maybe shed one of the tears that He shed.´´ And I just started bawling. Because this mission isn´t easy, it wasn´t meant to be. I am meant to be stretched, to have my faith tested, because that is the only way that my testimony of this gospel can grow. This week, i learned more about the atonement of Jesus Christ than i have my whole life. I just want to testify to all of you that Jesus Christ lives. That He suffered, died, and rose again for us. He know us personally and he know what we need. We are given trials to test our faith. And if we will but trust in Him, nothing is too difficult. Nothing is impossible. This mission is the greatest blessing of my entire life. I have learned how to rely on the Lord in every aspect. And yes, i get discouraged and sad, but i am also soo happy. Because nothing is more wonderful than to serve my Savior. This mission is wonderful :) So, my challenge to all of you this new year is to learn of the atonement of Jesus Christ. Rely on Him. He will get you through everything!! And i know that with my whole heart!

I hope you all had a wonderful new year! :) The new year here was nutz!! haha fireworks everywhere!!! We had to stay inside all day! But we had fun :) I love you all so much!! And i thank you for your prayers in my behalf and for all the support you give me. I love your emails! And i love all of you!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment