Sunday, January 25, 2015

Words from Elder Brandon Day in Oklahoma

"Its been a wonderful week everyone! This last week we had a training on a few things. Towards the end we were asked a few questions.
1. How do I love myself more?
2. How do I love others more? (companion, members, investigators)
3. How do I love God more?

I've put a lot of thought into this. How do we really show our love? You have to have the same amount of love for all of them. Something I've thought of a lot is how can I love God more? A few things are, keep His commandments. A way we can do this is to have trust in Him. Trust that He is there for us, trust that He will help us, and Trust that he will bless us. That's something I've been struggling with is trusting Him. A lot of the time I let my own doubts take over and tell me what I should do. I get nervous and worry about what I should teach or what I should say. When really all I need to do is trust that God will get me through it. He will tell me what to say, what to teach. This is how we can show our love for God. 
This week we were struggling to find new people to teach. We just kept getting door after door shut. Another missionary mentioned he would love to find people that "a potted plant could baptize". Wouldn't that be wonderful? Then we had the idea to pray about that. Pray for God to lead us to people that a potted plant could baptize, the ones that were ready for this gospel, all they needed was for us to find them. In three days we found seven new people to start teaching. All of them mentioned that they had been searching for something, for a new church, for an answer to their prayer, for something. And then we showed up at their door. It was amazing to see these miracles happen. But it wasn't us that did it. We put our trust in God, this was all Him, we were just the tools he used to do this work. Its real, and I've loved being a part of this great work. So something for you all to ponder about. How do you love yourself, others and God more? Have a great week everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment