Saturday, January 31, 2015

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

"Hallo Liebe Familie,

Wie gehts euch? 

This week was really great! I had a lot of fun! I love the new function on my camera. I love making those GIF things. I have some super funny ones. Anyway... lets get crackin!

Last Monday was a lot of fun. But I already told you about it huh. Darn it. Elder Bader bought Meat for 28 euros. That is like 38 American dollars! Whoa! IT was really good though. I also played Elder Ashton in chess. I WON TWICE. Hehehe I love playing Harry potter sized chess. I love winning too. 

Tuesday we had an appointment with Sky and Bruder Kalenka. It went great. Sky kept his commitments and that is always good.. Bruder K is on the way to be baptized again and I am so excited for that! What Else Happened on Tuesday? I dont know. That IS why I have a journal. 

Mittwoch had we district meeting. It was ok. I had to give a lesson on Obedience... so I chopped up some carrots in front of everyone to show how exact obedience is like an exact knife from Solingen. Hahaha not bad eh? We then had a meeting with Alfred... and then I went to wuppertal on a split. 

Thursday was weird. I was with our very scared District leader. He is scared of everything. He yelled at me for not minding my own business and being nosey. Hahahah what the heck? I am always nice to him too. He must have had a bad day. We went to a forgein refugee house and taught 4 black people. They have bad English and no German. Nelson was so scared. He was like shaking the whole time. I was calm and taught the best I could. They seemed to really like me.  Later that night President Stoddard came to wuppertal to interveiw our whole districk. It was funny. HE got there 2 hours late due to an Autobahnbauwerk thing. So our whole districk just waited and had a good time. Our Distrik has two new goldens. One from France and one from America. Lots of moms, dads and children in our distrik. So yeah. The interview went great. I talked to him for a long time about this and that. He is a great man.

Friday was weekly planning! We met with Sky again and Kalenka. It was a lot of goodness again! I really still enjoy Solingen. The bus system is ranked way high. Lots of German learning chances. Lots of appointments. Lot of good. 

Saturday was also very good. Lots of appointments and Bruder Köster. Hahaha he was happy to see us again. He told us... Vertrau mir. ich komme bald. I also got a new haircut. hahaha. OH ja! It snowed too! It has been crazy cold. Still rocken my gym shorts though. Except I miss knives and fishing poles and trying to hit rabbits. OH well. This is a better use of my time:) The Lords time! It snowed about 3 inches of snow. Germany is super pretty when It snows. I love it! 

Sunday was an adventure. It was the Primary program. I am sure all the Germans thought it was super. But coming from America... It was the funniest thing ever! We have like 8 primary  kids in our ward. The leaders trying to organize them was hilarious. Sky was in it though. His dad kept taking pictures of him and it made a loud sound. The talks were hilarious too. The kids are just hilarious. I talked to Christopher Hansen for a while. He loves talking to me. He invited us over next week for dinner. I love my friends in Germany! It will be sad to leave.
We were then invited to go Burscheid... all 4 elders... for a lunch. We had great spanish food. It was awesome. Then we had to take a bus to the Wüstahubes for mexican food! TWO EATING APPOINTMENTS. BLegh. I wass stuffed. Elder Bader and I played basketball with snowballs and trashcans while we were waiting for a bus. Hahaha goodfun!

And Today ws good too. Demass got a catscan. He is ok. Then we played games and ate pizza with our district... minus wuppertal.  It was awesome! We played in the Solingen in the chapel. 

Now I am here.

I love you guys so much!

I am glad the seminary kids got my letters. I always wanted personal emails and letters from missionaries. So there you go.

I read today, in German of course, about Ammon chopping of the arms of the Lamanites. That guy is a haus. He was filled with the power of the Lord and he fought his enemies. Just like what we should be doing. Fight the gossip. Fight the anger and jealousy. Fight the bad thoughts and bad friends. We have the power to overcome everyone. Just do it. The Lord will be with you!

I love you guys! I hope to write you all back.

Any questions... let me know!

Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment