Monday, January 12, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras


"My dearest family and friends!

Buenas!! :) I hope you are all doing great :) Guess what?! this week, i will have completed three months in the mission. It´s crazy how fast the time is flying. I am halfway through my training! Wow... it´s crazy.

So this week was hard again... but i realized something. I can´t control what other people do. THey have the glorious gift of agency. But i can control myself and what i do. So, i have decided that i will from now on be positive and happy. And no matter what, i will keep inviting people to come to Christ. I got a package this week from my dear best friend, Hailey Overson, that she sent before she left on her mission. For me, this package was a miracle. She sent me a letter and a story that changed my view on my entire mission. The story is about a man who was commanded by God to push against a rock. So for years, each day, he would wake up and push against the rock. One day, Satan came and asked him why he kept pushing agianst the rock when it hadn´t even moved an inch. The man became discouraged and went before God and asked why the rock hadn´t moved, God answered his prayer and said, ´´I never commanded you to move the rock, just to push against it. ANd because of that, your body has become strong. Your spirit has become strong. And now because of your faithfulness, i will move the rock.´´ That made me realize that the Lord didn´t call me on this mission to make people get baptized. He called me to invite them to Christ. And if i obey Him and do all i can to help people come to Christ, He will do the rest. It is in His hands. I would also compare this to your lives. God has promised that if we are obedient, He will take care of everything. So don´t stress over things you can´t control. Give it to Him and he will do it all for you! Honduras is a crazy place. It´s scary and the people here are super tough, but I have come to find Christ here and my view on life has completely changed. How gratfeul i am for this country and for this mission. It is my goal from now on to control what i do. I will become the best i can. And i will keep inviting. I have seen sooooo many miracles here. God is good! (As my sister britt would say!) 

I love you all so much. Being here has made me realized how blessed my life has been. Please, don´t take your small blessing for granted. On the hard days, realize how much you have! You have beautiful houses, carpet, great food, warm showers, free access to so many things, and most of all you have the knowledge of Jesus Christ! What more could you possibly want?! :) Thank you so much for your prayers and your love! :) Keep up the hard work and never let Satan discourage you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment