Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Words from Sister Hailey Overson in the MTC(Brazil)

"Oi Everyone!! This week has once again been the best!!! Gosh, I just love being a missionary. So I've been here for 5 weeks. Can you believe that?! It's so crazy! My visa still isn't here, but that's ok! Tomorrow I'll find out where I'm getting reassigned to wait! So exciting! And I'll get to email you all and tell you tomorrow!

The MTC is one of the greatest places on earth. Besides the food and the fact that everyone is tired all the time- those are minor issues- everything is so wonderful. My district is my family. We are so close and just thinking about leaving them all this week gets me all choked up. Something funny: Elder Holman ate my pen this week. He ATE MY PEN. He asked me what I would give him if he did it and I (thinking he must be joking) said a dollar. So he ate it. Besides the ink anyways. He paid for it the next day... Poor kid. But he is ok now! 

Sis. Post, my wonderful companion, has been going to PT a lot this week and is preparing for another procedure on her shoulder tomorrow. This has meant a lot of time out of class, which is hard. But I wouldn't trade that time for anything. She has taught me how to love. If any of you know me very well, I'm not super affectionate, but PT has been really hard for her. It's painful both physically and emotionally. Throughout the past two weeks, I have learned to care for and help and love. I know that God put us together so that we could teach each other things that we couldn't have learned other wise. God's plan is perfect. 

My teachers are amazing. Irmao Belchior is a little man from Mozambique. He speaks Portugues super fast and has a crazy accent so it's hard to understand him. But he has taught me so much. His testimony of the Book of Mormon is so powerful. I don't want to sound preachy, ok? But if you have never read it or if it's been a while since you have, PLEASE pick it up and read. God gave us that book as another testament of Christ. He still speaks to us today! How amazing is that! I'm so grateful for that knowledge I have and can't wait to share it with everyone else! No matter if it's in Brazil or.... I don't know yet! 

Anyway, sorry it was long, but I love you all so much!! Please have a wonderful week!! Amo Voces!
Love, 
Sister Overson

PS: I saw Sister Waite! And Elder Waite left for Georgia today! Keep him in your prayers!
PSS: Pics will come later today:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment