Monday, January 19, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

Oh boy! 

Can you believe we are already 12 days into January!? That kinda went by pretty fast! Christmas was like 20 days ago...Mind blown!

So this week was a dud, sad to say. I was sick all week long, and I just wasn't coherent for most of it. However, we were able to get in quite a few lessons and good stuff like that. We got transfer calls on Thursday! And golly, the Lord has a plan for me! He's decided to make me a Senior Companion!! And lead out the area and our companionship! I will be getting a new comp, Elder Jones. He has been out 1 transfer longer than me. I am super nervous and stressed, but I know I can do it. I am just still so shocked the Lord trusts me with this...I can do it! So much more responsibility and exerted effort, but I am excited to finally let loose! Hahah :) We gonna tear it up and have a bajillion baptisms :)

So that's the biggest news of the week. Oh, Vanilla man is getting baptized for sure! I better start calling him his real name so ya'll know who I'm talking about. His name is Kevin :). And I am so excited for him! He has been reading all the material we have been leaving for him, and he is just so funny and positive! Sweet old man :) He's a bit sad Elder Miller is leaving, but he's also pretty happy I am staying. I am pretty nervous now, knowing that I have to set up the baptism and lead that out as well. But oh well, whom the Lord calls he qualifies! He is getting baptized on Saturday :)

I gave a talk yesterday, and I actually think it went pretty well! I took up all the time I needed to, too! I talked on the importance of having a living prophet. I think lots of people, including myself, take that for granted. We have a LIVING PROPHET. How cool is that!? I read a story out of the Bible in Acts 2 while preparing my talk. The Apostle Peter is teaching a group of people and shares his testimony of Christ. His testimony is so powerful, that 3,000 people are converted. 3,000!!! That same day!! So folks, as you can see, it is VERY important to listen to the words of the prophets and apostles. They convert! I encourage all of you to read the words of our LIVING prophet frequently. It is such a big blessing. We are SO blessed to have Thomas S. Monson leading and guiding us today. Make sure you pray for him!!

As a zone last zone training about 2 weeks ago, we set a goal that by January 14th we would have 40 baptism dates. And it's working! We have so many people who are getting baptized soon! The Lord blesses us when we are obedient.

Well, that's about all I have to say this week. Thank you so much for all that you do, all your emails and letters, and prayers! They mean so much to me! You are all amazing! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment