Saturday, January 31, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colordo

"Olo everyone!

What a great week we had! Thank you for prayers! I definitely felt them this week and I feel much better. I got a blessing from my Mission President and I can't tell you how much that helped! Funny story with the blessing: my companion and Sister Mendenhall were in the room when I got my blessing. Right before you get a blessing, the priesthood holder giving the blessing asks for your full name. So, President joked: "Sister Brittany Spears, right?" We joked about it back and forth and laughed, and then I gave him my full name. Well, halfway through the blessing he called me Sister Spears and didn't even notice!!!!! When he said "Sister Spears" I chuckled and I heard Sister Mendenhall and my companion both snicker. After the blessing we told President what he'd done and he couldn't believe it! He didn't even know he'd said it. So funny!! So now, every time I see him or call him, I'll refer to myself as Sister Spears. #brittanyspearsisamissionary
 
So, we had some wonderful miracles this week!! One thing we've been doing in our mission is learning more about family history and getting trained on the website. When I first got out on my mission, I told President Mendenhall I really wanted to put up a booth at the Denver Stock Show. Mostly, it was just because I wanted to go to the Stock show. :) BUT, he told me if I could really make it into a missionary tool, I could do it for next year's show. Well, when we had our training this last Friday, I caught the Spirit of Elijah! It was the most incredible feeling! And revelation just started to flow about how I could spread this amazing Spirit and it all had to do with the Stock Show! I don't even care anymore about my previous reasons for wanting to be at the show (although I still wouldn't mind seeing part of the rodeo. :)). It was like I had this vision of how we could set up a family history booth at the show. I told President all about my ideas and he loved them!!! So, I'm working on the details and will let you know how it goes! A miracle that has also come from that, is we finally contacted a Less-Active lady (who's originally from Eager, AZ!!! Small world?) and she let us into her home and she's feeding us dinner this week! It truly is a miracle as she and her husband refused to have any missionary's in their home since they've been married. Her husband's not a member either. Also, he and his father provide all the bulls for the stock show (for the rodeos and such), and he has some really good contacts. So he said he'd get me a number to call and find out more information about booking booths and so forth!! MIRACLE!!! God is good!
 
One of the coolest miracles from this week is we met with Jeff and Sarah twice. We taught them the third lesson and had them read the Word of Wisdom pamphlet. Jeff is a big chewer and he was a little against living the Word of Wisdom, but as we talked to him about it, he finally said, "I've been wanting to get rid of this for years and I guess now I have a really good excuse!". So he got all of his chew and dumped it in the garbage! And Sarah gave us her tea to throw away so she wouldn't be tempted to drink it!! Oh. My. Heavens!!! Miracles miracles!!! The Lord has truly prepared them for this! Also, they weren't going to come to church on Sunday because their baby was sick all night, but we asked them to come to just Sacrament and they did! And guess what the talks were on? The Word of Wisdom!!!!! Haha. God is SO good!!! We're meeting with them 3 times this week and next week to finish teaching the lessons and get them ready for baptism in 3 weeks. After the lesson with the Word of Wisdom, Sister Hoemann and I very calmly walked to our truck, but as soon as we got in we screamed and freaked out as only girls can do!! :) It was wonderful! Some other really cool things, is one Less-Active family we've been working with is coming to church pretty regularly now and got rid of their coffee pots!!! Miracles! We've also asked to other investigators, Lee and Dolores, to pray about getting baptized on the 14th. Lee is an elderly lady whose husband just passed and she really wants to go to the temple so we're hoping! Dolores, she's wonderful but she just won't come to church! She came once and that's it. She's very SLOWLY progressing. We don't know what else to do, but please continue to pray for her!
 
Something really cool that happened this week as well, is we had a zone pday out in Strasburg!!!! We had a big bonfire at a less-active's home and the whole zone came out. We played soccer and rugby and ate hotdogs and smores and had a wonderful time with this Less-active family. They LOVED it and all of the missionaries were so good to them. It really touched them!!! Even the husband who's been pretty anti came out and talked with some of us. MIRACLE!!! It was really neat!

Well, that's all for this week. There were so many more miracles, but I don't have time to write them! Thanks so much for all the prayers for my health this week! I truly could feel the power from them! My challenge to you this week is to read from the Book of Mormon every day! Don't just read it, but study it! It's got the COOLEST stories in it! Seriously, it's like reading an adventure novel!! I'm not only learning so many spiritual things from it, but it's fun! It's coming alive for me and I am gaining such a testimony of the characters in it. They are real and they're awesome!!! Oh my goodness, so many cool heros in that book! I'm reading about Alma and Amulek right now and they are the BOMB!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment