Sunday, January 4, 2015

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany



"Hallo meine Familie!

Es war wunderbar meine Familie zu sehen. Ich habe es geliebt. Vielen Dank für alles! 
(It was wonderful to see my family. I loved it. Thanks for everything.)

I will keep this one short today:( Oh well haha. I am writing letters... so it is ok. Plus we talked face to face for a while this week:) Plus my letters are waaaaaaay longer than some I have seen. SO be thankful for your good son!

So for starters... I loved skyping. It was awesome. I met Elder Baders mom when he skyped. She was very thankful for me. She cried a little. It was sweet. We ate Lasagne at the Holland Letzs House. It was way good. They also gave us gifts. I love them. I laughed so hard when Bruder H talked to you guys in his practiced English. It was so funny. And then his daughter. They probably practiced for hours. He talked to you before I did!! That Kleiner Stinker! 

Anyway... Haha lets get writing.

Monday was alright. We played soccer with some Turks and Demass got hit in the head. I had to call the mission nurse and what not. It was fun! We then ate pizza in our Wohnung and then I had to split with Wuppertal!......................yeah.

Tuesday was in Wuppertal. The Elders in Wuppertal like going to goverment housing and teach people who don't speak German or English. Pretty much refugees from Africa.  So that was what we did. We taught refugees. There was a crazy guy in there. He laughed like a crazy man and stared at us... it was scary! haha yeah. Then I went home, back to Solingen... my home!

Wednesday was great. We went by on some people and then went to Burscheid. We had a great meeting with the Maaßs. They are great. We had an awesome dinner. We sang hymns and got into the Christmas spirit. Bruder Maaß told me to say hello, and to thank you for my good work or something like that haha. It was great. I loved it. The Maaßs don't give gifts because they don't need them... cuz they are already happy. That is really cool.

Thursday you know about... it was a great day. And you guys were a part of it! THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Friday... we got a new investigator. Alfred. We gave him a BOM and he wans to learn more. Boom. Invesigator. Haha sweet! I can't wait to meet him again! We also met with Köster. We gave him gifts and wrote letters. He loved them.  It was a lot of fun. He was out of town on Sunday though. Schade. Oh well. I will get him to come. We will get him to come. He will come!

Saturday... we had weekly planning and ate with Matt and his friend. Matt is getting to crazy... we want to meet with his friend now. hhaha so yeah.

Sonntag was fun. We met a guy we never saw. Turns out... he was a referal from Wuppertal that we called last week. He is actually an excomminacted member that we are teaching now. We talked to him alone, and he cried to us. The spirit was very strong. He really wants to come back. I won't go into details cuz it is only for us to know!  But yeah... so... we got a new investigator that we will prepare for a baptism. Very cool. He is super nice.


Today we are going to Düsseldorf. Shopping and bowling! I need to buy a new winter hat. I am excited for one. Oh yeah! We got hammered with snow and ice. Like 3-4 inches. It is really cool! It is supposed to snow for a while! Now it is dangerous! Haha the roads are ice... and everywhere else too. It was negative 4 C yesterday. With 99% humitidy. Das ist nicht so Schön. (this is not so nice)
COLD

well that is all. I love you guys very much.

I am so excited to see Solingen explode with work. It takes hard work, faith, and love. It really does take love. We have to love the people enough to go outside and talk with them. They are children of our God, and brothers and sisters. I love this work. I challenge everyone who reads this... to read Enos in the Book of Mormon. Play close attention to "and my soul hungered" What does that mean to you? Hungered for what? How can we have that same hunger? How can we feed that hunger? Very good questions to ask. Please do so! Follow the example of Enos. Hunger.

I love you guys so much! I know the work I do is the work of God. I know its true. For myself, I know its true. I love saying so everyday.

You guys are the best!! LOVE YOU ALL!"

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment