Saturday, January 31, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho





"Wow! I can't believe it! Almost five months on a mission!?!? Dang! Looking back on it, it has gone pretty fast! In the moment, it takes a little bit longer :) but that's ok! I love growing and learning new things every day! It's tough, but I love prayer, that is SO what has gotten me this far! It's amazing :)

So let me just say, first off, what a wonderful blessing it has been to have Elder Jones as a companion! We are like friends! Like real friends, not just companions!!! I didn't know that could happen! We laugh a ton and do crazy things all the time :) It makes being on a mission fun! There are many tough things we are doing, but the Lord has given us the strength to do it! Elder Jones has been doing a lot better lately, which has taken the stress off my shoulders. I still feel a little overwhelmed, but things are going good, because we are not giving up!

We had interviews on Friday with our mission president and his wife. That went really good! President Brinkerhoff congratulated me for being so bold with Kevin, and telling him he couldn't get baptized. That was tough for me, but I did it! And yes, glory glory, he is still getting baptized on Saturday! We are super excited :) He is doing awesome!

Sister Brinkerhoff said that the two of the sweetest Elders are in the roughest area for a reason! (us!) We are needed here where we can be kind but firm in teaching the gospel. The people here are pretty sensitive/stand-offish and they need us here so they don't feel "threatened" essentially. They love us, and we love them! We have 7 baptism dates!! Can you even imagine!? I mean, Idaho! Who thought that there would be 7 people getting baptized in Old town pocatello!? Well, we are here for a reason, and I am loving it more and more every day!

I have grown so much these past two weeks! I have truly had to rely on the Lord for strength. I have never prayed so much before. I can feel His love, and I know his arms are always outstretched, ready to receive us! It has been super difficult for me to lead out, but I have been qualified! I know the Lord does not give us anything bigger than we can handle. Prayer is so amazing. I wish I could just pray all day long! I can in my heart though. It's so important for us to align our will with the Lord's. He knows us better than we do, and he has the perfect plan for each and everyone of us. I will follow him any day!

There has been a ton of fog here in Poky! Like, so much! At night it gets really bad, and it's hard to see a few yards in front of you! It's pretty cool :) Feels like I am swimming :) I think it's because there are mountains all around us and we are in a valley, so it just settles. But it's pretty awesome!

So many miracles are taking place, and I can't even begin to tell you them all! But I really do appreciate all you guys do for me and all of your prayers! You are amazing! Have a wonderful week :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment