Monday, January 12, 2015

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

 
"Liebe Familie,

Hallo! Things are going great here! I cannot complain at all. Except the cold. Even though I am still wearing gym shorts... hahaha P-day. Well I might as well start!

Monday was a lot of fun. We played ball in Düsseldorf. We played against some German kids and also some Türkish ones. We killed them. I dunked it like 10 times hahahah. It wasn't too hard. Elder Demass and Elder Bader went to the Doctors office for DeMasss head. He is ok now though. We thought that he would have to go home... but he is ok now. Ashton and I played ball... and then Ashton cut my hair. Hmmmm... Schade. Hahha Oh well. It will grow again. Monday night... I went to Düsseldorf on a split with Nelson. It was a lot of fun. Our Train fell out to get to Düsseldorf... so the zone leaders came and got us in the car. Sweet! I love being in cars! We then went and got Pizza. 

Tuesday- was a blast. I love Elder Nelson. We had to shower in the Seminary building across town... cuz their shower ist kaputt. So we studied in the church. We then met with a member in a cafe. Then we blessed her haus for some reason. Then we went to a scary, smelly  house thing. It stunk like old sea food. We then went contacting by the Rhein. It was awesome. That was the pic of me with Das Buch Mormon next to the river. I like that picture. We gave out a Book of Mormon and a card. We then were on our way to a member appt, when we waved at a sauer looking lady in a car. We waved at her, and she smiled. Yay! We helped someone be happy! We then went to the appointment and ate some ok meat loaf. Then we split back at Düsseldorf HBH. It was a great split. Haha

Wednesday- We had DDM in the other Elders Appt. It was a lot of fun. Except when Elder Nelsen... Other elder Nelsen... gave a theme on comparing starwars to the gospel. It was weird. Then we had lunch and then met with Bruder Kalenke. He will be baptized here soon. He is super cool... and I Have seen way good progress with him. He is getting so happy! So cool! Then we had a split with Wuppertal. Yay. I stayed in Solingen.   We then went to Monheim trying to meet with inactives. It rained literally all day. Like literally. Then we went home and I bought myself a birthday dinner of wings and pizza. It was great. Sister Stoddard called me and wished me happy birthday. It was nice. 

Thursday- we met with investigators and less actives. It was a good day.

Friday was danger day. We didnt get a call. I will be in Solingen for 6 more weeks. That is fine by me! We also went and met with Investigators and what not. It was also a great day.

Saturday was transfer calls. We are all staying the same in Solingen. Yes! The Solingen Brotherhood stays! Elder Tinker got transfered:( schade. He is in Bamberg now. But ja... another 6 weeks in Solingen!

Sunday was great. It was the farewell of  Thaddäus. Lots of people came. it was great. Standermann came. He followed me all day and kept telling me weird secrets and then said that I was his brother and his friend. Heck yes! Hahaha HE was kinda loud in Sunday school. He loves talking and laughing. I love that guy. Oh ja! On Firday... we got on a bus... and someone had thrown up all over it. Saturday nights arent good. Too much bier! Hahah it stunk so bad... and people freaked out about it... we laughed at peoples faces when they saw the puke. But ja... great stuff. I figured out how to send pictures fast. I hate doing it in the internet laden. It takes forever.  So ja.

WELL that Is about it. This week will be a super good week. I am excited to see what It brings. I love doing missionary work. OH YEAH! I got the packages. From grandma and grandpa and from you guys. I loved them. I have totally seen the company that made the Solingen stuff. I saw it like everyday when we had to take the Ersatzverkehr to Remscheid. Pretty cool! That you so much! ANd thank you Grandma and grandpa! Love you guys!

Today we are going to Düsseldorf to shop for Bader. He lost my split bag on the Schwebebahn in Wuppertal.. it had a lot of his stuff in it. I feel bad for him. He though I was going to be mad... but I wasnt. I am a good dad. 

Anyway... I love you guys. Thank you so much for everything. I love serving the Lord and watching people as they come closer to Him. I love seeing progress in their Eyes. It is a mircale. I am so blessed. I really am. I love having fun here. I try to make every bad situation fun. There is no point in being a grumpy missionary. The work goes great... and I am doing great as well.

I love you guys! Thank you for praying for me. Remember that the Lord loves you more than you can comprehend. I cant wait to see you in a year and a half! I will be sad to leave too:( Oh well!


And could you send me lots of pictures via email? Like pictures of me and fishing and that huge carp I caught? Could you just send me like a lot of pictures of you guys... us... me... everything? I would really love that. Lots of pictures are on my FB. Just steal them! Haha

Anyway... thankyou!

Love you guys!

Stay good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment