Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Words from Elder Chandon Herring in Washington DC


"Well this was a crazy week that was productive and just fun! A lot
happened and it was just the best!


The transfer is in two and a half
weeks. I am 100% sure that I am staying and that E. Sorensen is
leaving. He has been here for 5 transfers.  We will see.

Tuesday... Well today is not exciting other than dinner. We went
around checking on referrals and we were able to get in 0 doors. There
were a lot of referrals though. One of them was a Spanish referral and
when we were knocking on the door we could see them inside and they
would look at us as we waved. They ignored us then turned off the
light. We were like WE CAN STILL SEE YOU!!!!!! Haha  After we went to dinner with a guy named Jordan. He is
in the AF and is super awesome! He fed us steak, asparagus,  and
potatoes.It was super good and we were able to talk a lot about goal
setting and fulfilling. He is great.

Wednesday... Today was short because it was New Years eve. We had a
normal morning of studies and then lunch with Bishop Gish. He takes
you out to eat and then he gives you a lot of grocery's. It is super
nice to have. He was sick as well and I was able to give him a
blessing. I love giving those! The spirit is always so strong and it
really helps us understand how much our father in Heaven loves us. The
priesthood is so amazing and life changing. Live worthy of it and its
blessings!


While we were eating with Bishop though a crazy guy came up
to us and was asking if we celebrated Christmas and New Years. Then he
would talk about doctrine, the government, and his life how he is
chained down etc. He was not all there and not accountable. But while
we were teaching him Bishop said well i guess you dont need me
anymore, smirked and left. It was super funny!


We then did online time
because no one would see us. We had to be in early for New Years Eve.   we played a board game and went to bed.

Thursday... Today was Zone Conference all day. We met at the Stake
Center early to do car checks. The thing is if you have the cleanest
car you can take anyone else's car :) So since we have the newest one
everyone wants our. But we had the cleanest and it was all good. Elder and Sister Mckinley did a workshop on "Why I Believe" attendance and asked me to be
obnoxious. I dressed up and came running in and they contacted me and
invited me then I ran out. I really dont like doing that but it was
super fun... Then Sister Cooke selected 5 people to share their
testimonies on the BOM.  I was also selected for this one.
it went super good and the spirit was felt i think. Then we went
and checked on more referrals. At one home we were waiting for the
answer when 3 super loud bottle rockets went off. E Sorensen flipped
out so bad! It was super funny! I would not let him live it down.
Dinner was with Ryan and it was good. We tried to check on some LA
members but they would not let us in. That wrapped up the day...

Friday... TEMPLE DAY!!!!!!! I love these days. We got there early too
so I was able to finally see the baptismal font. It is so cool! Then
the session. Of course I saw family yet again. haha. (My cousin Sarah and her husband Sean)


We taught an
investigator who we have not seen since two companionships ago.
 He is really cool. Lots of
questions and he is almost trying to convert us. But he is sincerely
looking. He is anxious to meet
more. Then dinner with a member and her non member boyfriend. It was
great and he really likes us so we are going to try to teach him. It
was a great evening and we laughed a lot. Then we went to the VC and
taught Manny. He is so ready to be baptized but he needs to come to
church! He is a manager and cant get it off. He comes when he can
though. But he is progressing a lot. Love him. The lesson was on the
10 com, Law of Chastity, and WofW. He was hung up on the whole
chastity part. Not that he had problems but he had lots of questions
on why on some things.

Saturday... We started with Basketball at the church and believe it or
not I am getting better. It was short because we had to hurry to the
VC for Sorensen to practice singing. We had a special event that I can
not tell you until it happens so ya. I prepared my workshop and I will be using
my Katanas to help get my point across. Then we were going through the
ward directory and putting names on the map. When we were done for the
night we went downstairs and I ran. I am out of shape but it was super
nice to run... odd... I never thought I was going to say that...

Sunday... Today was super awesome for all of the day until night. We
had great studies and I am still caught up in my Standard works read.
I am reading it all this year! Then Church and we had all of our
normal meetings. Jason the WML gave me a cheesehead! Hurray! I have
one of my own! But all of the meetings went and ended then church. We
had Iesha come. She is a referral and this was the first time we met
her. She even bore her testimony! Then when we met after before the
break the fast she talk us she felt like a part of the ward already.
We were so friendly but it was so much more than that she said. So we
took this chance and put her on date for FEB 15!!!! If all goes well
we will have two in a row! After church we had all three lessons
cancel so we took a member and watched Meet the Mormons at the VC
again. It was super good to see it again and we got to help out a
little. Great night. 

Today... We played Hockey! I won both times! I had a good check too!  We
did that forever and then played a card game. It was super fun. I am
excited for my next comp... all is well. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Thank you to all of you who write me! I love getting your letters and
I need to get an email or video of Mason opening his call as soon as
it happens. I cant respond but I can check emails during online time!
I am so excited for him to come out here! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment