Monday, January 19, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

"Well this week has been something else! We have had so many different things happen. We got a bunch of snow, and there is ice everywhere! I slipped on the ice and fell on my bum, but I just laughed!! :)

We had zone activities on new years eve and day. They were a lot of fun! We watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Star Wars 5. Then the next day we had a fun nerf gun fight! It was super awesome! We broke a pinata too! Oh, the times of a missionary :) I love it!!

I got really sick yesterday; we had to wake up at 5 for meetings and so it was a long day. I had a terrible fever and the worst headache I have ever had! I was totally out of it. So I rested, and I have never felt so sick before. It was terrible. Last night was a hard night! My whole body was super sore. Today I am feeling a little better, just really dizzy and still a bad headache. So sorry if my emails don't make sense today.

We are teaching this new investigator, and he is on weed and is schizophrenic. He talks to Satan, but really wants to be baptized. He looks in the sky and up a lot. He tells us what Satan is telling him during lessons. He likes talking to him, and isn't willing to try to change. So we may not teach him much longer. He sees really odd things. Not a good spirit when we are around him. But it's an adventure teaching him! Pretty fun! :)

So is gas really low in the rest of the country?! Because here it is $1.93 a gallon! It's so crazy! It goes down more and more every day! Which is good, except we still are walking :)

So Vanilla man found out he has cancer and diabetes. He is so sad! He starts crying when he talks about it. I think he is in his 60's. He loves us so much! He told me the other day "If Toto leaves, I'm done!" (He calls me Toto because he was drunk when I first met him and got the letters in my name mixed up.) He doesn't want us to get transferred ever. He is so sweet. He really wants to get baptized on the 17th, but he won't stop drinking. We took all his alcohol on Saturday. He gave it up really willingly, which was a miracle!

Well, my head is throbbing, so this is all for this week! But I am loving it here so much! I hope you all are doing well! Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment