Monday, January 19, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

 
 


"All,,
So i have like no time which stinks because there is so much i want to tell all of you! But i have like 5 minutes to write this... so i will try to do my best. This week was completely amazing. Ever since i have decided to be positive and happy and give it all to the Lord, everything has completely changed. We have been teaching a girl named Isamar for about a month now and she is perfect. She has been to church 5 times and loves it all. But she wouldn´t commit to a baptismal date. We didn´t know what to do to help her. But yesterday, we had a lesson with her after church. And i prayed so hard before that somehow she could feel the spirit and know that she needed to be baptized. During the lesson, i had an overwhelming feeling to tell her that i knew she had already received an answer to be baptized and was ready. So, in my broken Spanish, I expressed to her exactly that and told her that she was a special daughter of God and had been prepared to receive us and that God had already answered her prayers. After, there was complete silence and i was so scared she would reject a date again... but guess what?! She didn´t. She agreed to be baptized this Saturday and told us that yes, she was ready. This was a miracle! I can´t even tell you all. I am so grateful for the Lord and for His goodness. Seeing her except the restored gospel and making the decision to move forward was the greatest blessing i have received on this mission. I can just testify so much of the power of prayer. So many times on this mission, I have offered prayers and seen miracles as results. And i know with my whole heart that the Lord will answer every prayer we offer as long as we have faith that He will. I cannot express to you all how much i love this mission. It is the best decision i have ever made. I love this country of Honduras soo much. We had the opportunity to go to the temple this week and it was soo beautiful. And guess what?! It had carpet!! haha i was pretty excited about that ;) But during our session, i sat by an older lady and she asked me where i was from. When i said Arizona, she started to cry and told me that she was sealed to her husband and family in the Mesa Arizona Temple. She said that during that time, there wasn´t a temple in central America and that The mesa Arizona temple was the closest so her husband saved enough money and they were able to go. It made me realized how blessed i have been my entire life to have a temple so close. I am soo grateful for the faith of the people here. They amaze me more and more everyday and i hope i can become more like them. Take advantage of the temple being so close to you. Go as much as you can and when you do, think of the saints all over the world that don´t have the privilege to go all the time. 

Well, i have to go... but i love you all so much! I love your emails and i am so grateful for them. I am sorry i can´t reply to them all but i do read them. I love you all with my whole heart. I love this work and i love this mission more than I can say!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment