Sunday, January 4, 2015

Words from Sister Hailey Overson in the MTC (Brazil)

My adorable district. Goodness we're so awesome;)

"Hi everyone!! Well, I've almost been here at the MTC for two weeks now. Weird. I never understood the saying "Days go by like weeks and weeks go by like days" until now. It's crazy. Every day is hard and long but looking back on my MTC experience so far, I feel like I just got here! 

We got eight new sisters in our zone!!! I was so stinking excited. Friends!!! This week has been so fun, but so tough. The language is weird and difficult. I understand now why some people said that there was some French in here. It's crazy! We got two more investigators this week. Me and Sis. Post are teaching them and I'm trying hard to keep up with her. She's got a lot more experience and confidence, but it's good because it gives me something to work toward! It's weird, but I really do love this language. It's beautiful. But I'm realizing more that the language of Portuguese is not as important as the language of the Spirit. The Holy Ghost is the one that does everything!

The MTC is basically just classes all day, so by the end of the day my brain feels totally fried. But gym time is so great. My zone is crazy into volleyball and I'm loving it! We have so much fun. I try to keep my competitive nature at bay, but sometimes things get a little heated;) But we all have a blast. The temple walks are also the bomb. The first one I went to, it was so sunny and happy. But this last time, it rained hard core. And I had the time of my life, jumping in puddles and whatnot. 

My district is awesome. I seriously can't tell you how much I love these people. The rest of my zone is cool, too. But we're all crazy. Everyone is a goofball and we're super obnoxious... except when we're supposed to be reverent. Don't worry;) Last night one of the Elders in my district tripped and hurt his ankle. The other elders gave him a blessing and he's doing well. It's crazy how close we've all become. Maybe it's because of being here at Christmas.. I don't know. But we're family:) 

Speaking of Christmas, I can't believe it's almost here!! I'm so excited to Christmas here at the MTC:) It's going to be so great! I hope everyone at home has a wonderful Christmas. Please don't forget what the true meaning of Christmas is. Jesus Christ, our Savior, was born and that is the most wonderful news!! Santa's awesome, too. But please remember Christ:) I love you all so much! Merry Christmas!!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment