Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Words from Sister Hailey Overson in the MTC(Brazil)

"Oi everyone!! Not much time today, so it'll be short. Sorry! But this week has been soo fun. I love the MTC:) New Years Eve was fun. My district had a little party with the stuff Elder Harrison's family sent him. We had food and sparkling cider but the window was open. Some missionaries walked by and freaked out and started pointing at us! Haha they thought we were drinking or something!! Crazies. Then the girls in our room threw a little party. More food, loud toys and poppers that almost set off the fire alarm at 10:30!! Whoo hoo!! The Portuguese language is coming along great! Still no visa, but that's ok. Wherever the Lord sends me is where I will serve with my whole heart! I love this gospel. I'm so grateful for the chance I have to be on this mission, spreading this joyous message!! What a wonderful time to be alive! The Provo temple opens again today so that's super exciting!! I love the temple so much.

We got a whole bunch of new sisters this week!! SO EXCITING!! And I also see my good friend, Elder Dayton Waite all the time! Good ole St. Johns. Also, my bff Abbie Waite tomorrow!! Yay for SJ kids letting the world know who we are!;)

One of our investigators were committed to be baptized this week!! Yay! And I'm able to form real, complete sentences now... without taking 20 minutes!!! I think the reason I've improved so much this week is completely because of my attitude. I just decided to be happy. It's a decision, you know? I trust that the Lord will help me and I'll keep doing what I can. I have faith that I'm going to be able to really learn this language. Even if I don't get to Brazil right away. Please pray for the missionaries so that they will find people ready to open their hearts to the Savior! I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful start to this new year! 2015! What?! Anyway, have a wonderful week! Eu amo voces!! Tchau!!:

No comments:

Post a Comment