Monday, January 12, 2015

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine



Hey guys,
I had a really great week this week. Christmas and new years were awesome! We didn't really do anything, just worked, but thats the way it oughta be. I love my mission president, president packer. He is so focused on the purpose of missionary work. He told us a story about on his mission, he had a goal to commit someone to be baptized on christmas. He fasted and prayed and worked super hard for it. then on christmas day, he was too busy with setting up his zone's christmas party, that he never got the chance to teach a lesson on christmas. 

Then he told us that that is why we aren't going to have any sort of zone or mission activites during the holidays. He doesn't want to rob us of the chance that he didn't have to work on christmas and new years. I think that is so cool, and I have been really praying for help on how I can keep focused during this season. 

if I really do love these people, then the most important thing I can do is connect them to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That is true, enduring love.

Well, we got transfers, and it looks like I'm staying one more in Brovary!!! OH YA This is gonna be my 5th transfer here. Its awesome cause before Brovary, the longest i'd ever been in one place was 2 transfer. I love these members and I know every single on of them and their story. Its so cool i m so happy to be here at least one more. Some cool news is that my new comp is from Kazakztan and he doesn't speak any english! Looks like I'll be speaking a ton of Russian next transfer! I really am excited, its gonna be hard, but I know it'll help my russian out a ton.

I love you all and I pray for ya!

The clark kids,
mom, I love you and I am so happy that you are mexican. We made enchiladas for a family the other night and they loved it!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment