Monday, February 2, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho



"So, in honor of ground hog day, I have a story to tell about an animal. So we were walking down the street the other day, and this car drove by, and the lady inside rolled down her window, and started barking at us. Yes, a human. A lady driving a car was barking at us. So! That was fun :) We just shook our heads and continued walking...haha :)

This week has been pretty challenging! We have had lots and lots of unfortunate events. But we are moving forward in faith. We have been tried beyond measure this week, and the adversary is doing all he can to push us down! But he is failing :) We are strong soldiers!

My dear sweet friend Kevin was unable to get baptized again. The night before his baptism again, he messed up. That was really hard for me. My heart just keeps on breaking. I love him, and I know he wants to get baptized so bad. But Satan is very real, and wants to destroy all of us. We are working on Kevin, and I know it will all work out how it needs too!! 

This week, like I said, has been challenging and Satan has been quite active. The people here have been pretty rude to us, and we have had quite the experiences! People throw their cigarettes at us, slam doors, bark at us, and ignore us completely. It is tough, because these are our brothers and sisters!! And some of them are just not willing to listen.

A few nights ago, we were walking to one of our investigators houses, and I had a prompting to stop at this one house. So on our way back we did. I knocked on the door and a lady opened it. She was smiling/smirking and I thought "Perfect!! She is ready!" But, she looked at us with despite and said "Are you serious?" And she slammed the doors in our face and started yelling when she was inside. I think it was a test for me to see if I would follow a prompting. Or maybe she needed to see us for some reason, but whatever the reason, the Lord has a plan for her. :)

Mom would not approve of some of the situations I have been in lately. Lot's of drunk people and houses so full of smoke, you can't see clearly and you can bite it, it's so thick. Drunk people can be pretty scary, and I have learned to make our visits to them quite short! But everyone needs the gospel. We have seen miracles happen!

We have walked A TON this week! About 6 miles on average every day. My legs are steel. 

Our area has been struggling lately, and so I asked my District Leader for a blessing. I kept feeling like I needed one. When I got it, I felt peace! I knew I was here in Old Town for many reasons, and that it was determined I would serve here from the very beginning of my life. I am so grateful for the priesthood, and all the many miracles that come from it. There are many people here who are ready for the gospel!! Just need to find them!

Thank you all so much for all that you do! I really appreciate all the letters and prayers! You guys are all super amazing! I love you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment