Sunday, February 8, 2015

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada

 
"Well, this week was a good one!
     The weather here has been so good to us! For the middle of January, it's been crazy warm! it was actually warm enough to go golfing today! My companion and i had absolutely no idea what we were doing, but at least we pretended like we were pros! Haha i guess its that way with missionary work sometimes. Sometimes i feel like i have no idea what I'm doing, but if I act like I've got a clue, then at least the spirit is there to back me up! Haha Unfortunately, that doesn't work with golfing...
      We had an inspired Zone meeting this past week and there was some great counsel given. Our mission President talked about moral agency. It was kinda awkward sometimes because he kept talking about after our missions when we get married and stuff. The kind of things you wouldn't really expect to hear. But anyway, he said an analogy that really stuck out to me. He said, " If I had a cup of water and i decided to throw it on you, all you would be is wet. It's your choice to be mad." I really have been thinking about how true this was and how simple it is. But the affect it's had already this past week has been like night and day. Everyday since then, i make the choice telling myself that it's going to be a great day and having a positive attitude, even if i have to fake it sometimes. "By small means, the Lord can bring about great things." The mission life is treating me so good. i hope everyone has a great week! With lots of Love!!!"
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment