Monday, February 9, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah in Honduras

"My dearest family and friends,

Well another week has passed! Holy cow! It´s crazy how fast the time is flying by. I only have one more week of my training left. And i really can´t believe it. I think i will be staying here in Country (my area) and that my comp. will be getting transferred. But we won´t know for sure till next Monday so i will let you all know. The Spanish is coming along great and I am able to participate a lot more in the lessons. I can also understand soo much more than before, and i can just testify that the gift of tongues is real. I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and i really do believe that´s helped more than anything. It´s so amazing to read it in another language and I am so grateful for the opportunity i have to learn Spanish. It is such a beautiful language and the way the Hondurans speak it is even better :)

So, this week was super tough. Satan (that darn guy) is working super hard right now. But I know that with God, Satan can´t win. And i am determined to work even harder against him this week. This week i read a talk by Elder Tad R. Callister entitled, ´´Becoming a Consecrated Missionary´´. And it made me realized the kind of missionary i want to become these next 14 months of my mission. A consecrated missionary is one that gives all to the Lord and offers all he has on the alter of sacrifice. When i first read this talk, i thought that it would be impossible for me to become a missionary like that, but this week, I learned how important it is to have faith in Christ. I always thought i had faith, but being here in Honduras, I have realized how little faith i have and how much more faith i need to develop. If there is one thing i know, it´s that through Jesus Christ, EVERYTHING is possible. Just consider that, everything is possible! All we have to do is trust him. To show Him our faith and trust that everything will work out for our good. There will be hard times. Always. There has to be opposition for us to know the good. But when we trust in Christ and have faith, he can make us into a masterpiece. And i can testify with my whole heart of that. I am learning to become a consecrated missionary, and i would challenge you all to do the same. To give your all to the Lord and become a consecrated disciple. Change is possible. And that is what i have learned this week. The Lord knows our efforts and even though it may sometimes feel like we aren´t making progress, we are. And every small step we take, leads us closer and closer to the top. I love my Savior so much and I know that He lives. I testify of Him. He is our older brother and He knows each and every one of us. A successful missionary is not one that has a million baptisms. It´s one that gives His all. It´s one that comes unto Christ. 

I love you all with my whole heart. You are all amazing! And i am so grateful for all you are doing for me. Your support and love keep me going everyday. Thank you. You are in my prayers. Please pray for me and please pray that my companion and i can be led to those the lord has prepared! I love you!"

Love,

Hermana Platt


No comments:

Post a Comment