Monday, February 16, 2015

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

Liebe Familie,

Heyo! We had a wonderful, heart touching week this week. One of my favorite weeks of the mission so far. I can't wait to explain!

Last Monday we played games. I bought a card game called Black Stories. They are super fun. They are all in German so it is good practice. Look up Black Stories. They are pretty funny. They are mysteries that you have to figure out by asking questions. They are in English too i think.

Tuesday was very good. We met with our very smart investigator Sky... who is almost 11. He is super smart and didn't want to be baptized because he didn't know if it was true. His dad is crazy and didn't support him at all. He is a good guy... but he wanted Sky to find out for himself. Well on Tuesday... we set a baptism date with him. For the 22nd of February. Next Sunday. And he picked me to baptize him. I am really touched that he wants me to baptize him. I am really excited. It will be awesome. When we set dates... we have to call president. I called him... and he was very happy... and said that Solingen was just exploding with good missionary work. That makes me happy!

Mittwoch- We had DDM and what not. We also taught bruder Kalenka and I think CLaudia? Maybe. We had over ten lesson this week... and that is super good for our mission. I always like to stay busy.

Thursday----- I was in Wuppertal. We taught 4 African people in a forgein peoples house. They didn't understand... but Wuppertal loves teaching people who don't understand. We then cleaned the baptismal font and cleaned a little for their baptism coming up. We then helped some members with family history. We then taught another guy in a wig shop..... ja. Funny story. I cant really explain via email. Good stories to tell later. 

Friday--- We were too buys to weekly plan. But we had like 3 lessons. We taught the Family In Lennep and helped them figure out bus routes to get to church. It is an hour and  a half with 3 bus changes for them. But they made it. I will explain how it went on the Sunday one.

Saturday was also very good. We had weekly planning and then went to the baptism that the other Elders had. It was nice. Elder Demass baptized him. He is a nice guy that speaks very good German and had good questions. We then taught our .....investigator.... she is really nice. She also gave us a ride to our next appt. I really like her... but she isn't making much progress.  We will see though.

Ah yes.... it is carnaval hier. People are crazy. They wear the most crazy things and are hammered drunk. They are setting a big thing up a block from our house for tonight. They are gonna party hard and be drunk as dogs. I have seen some... interesting costumes.

Sunday was a very..... wonderful day. I really can't explain it. We woke up and helped the Lennep family get to church for the first time. We missed our bus and had to walk a few kilometers... but we made it. We taught the investigators class... Elder Bader and I... we talked about prayer. There were a lot of people there. Good. It went well. I don't really like standing in front of people and speaking German. I get kind of scared and forget a lot of German. But I prayed for the strength and courage and I did it very well. Perfectly even. I am so thankful for that. But what really hit me on Sunday... was seeing the fruits of our labors. I have been in Solingen forever... and I hadn't ever seen a  lot of success.... until Sunday. I looked around sacrament meeting... and I saw what we've done. I saw how our hand has helped people here. This is what I saw:

1. Claudia giving a talk for the first time. She brought her non Mormon friend with her.
2. The lennep family being in church for the first time.
3.Sky and his dad sitting together.
4.Bruder Kalenka... making great progress and sitting next to me.

7 people. 7 people at church that we have helped. I am so blessed... and so thankful for what I've seen. Yesterday was a miracle. I couldn't help but smile and think to myself.... We helped so many people. The Lord helped me... help people. I realized that we HAD actually done great work here.
Our bischof was shocked and told us that we are doing are VERY great job in Solingen... a very hard area. I really am thankful. I am so thankful... that I could serve in Solingen. That I could help. That I could be a servant of the Lord here.

If I stay or go... it doesn't matter. My last Sunday I will baptize Sky. If I stay... I will also see, or baptize bruder Kalenka as well. I am very satisfied with what I have done. If I stay... I will do even better.


I am just so thankful for everything. I really don't have much more to say. I love this work. I love everything. I can't wait to explain these things to you in words. I am excited to see what this transfer brings. I love you guys very much!

I really cant explain how I feel... so I won't try:)

I love you guys so much!!

Have a great week Family!

Elder James

No comments:

Post a Comment