Monday, February 9, 2015

Words from Kyle James in Germany

"Liebe Familie,

 
How are you guys? I am doing great. Most of the snow is gone... and it is a little warmer. It is very Foggy and we have Nebelregen.(Fog rain) I dont know that word in English. Sorry haha.  Things are going great for me and everyone else here.  So ich werde anfangen! (So I'll start)

Last Monday was great. We played Monopoly and chess. It was a lot of fun. I won both times in Monopoly. We have played it 4 times and I have won three heheehe. Gedient.  (Served)
We also ordered Döner. They were really good. I always ordered super super scharf.(sharp) But really.... that is all we did haha. 

Transfers are in two weeks. I hope I am not transferred. If i am not transferred... I will see two baptisms. Blah! Just Hope I am not. I have no idea where I will be transferred. Probably somewhere ghetto in Dortmund or something. That is ok though. I kinda want to serve in Frankfurt. That would be cool. 

Tuesday we helped people with Family History. It took 3 hours. But it is good work. We then went to Alreds house and read him a letter from his family in America. He isnt an investigator anymore... but we still help him out.... cuz that is what missionaries do. He still calls me an AMI. He was surprised when he finally realized every word he said. Tisk tisk. Speaking of language stuffs I figured out how to say the German R perfectly. It is the same R as in the French language. It is rolled in the Throat not the tounge. It is super hard... and not many missionaries can do it. But I can! I love speaking German. I almost finished my Grammar book. Which means... I know all of the Grammar... now all I need is more words and smoothness. That comes through time. I just need more time to speak it.

Mittwoch. We had a Straßenausstellung in Köln. I gave out like 16 cards and found a guy who wanted to learn more and got his number. I hope things go good with that. I also talked to a guy who was eating french fries for a while. He said my German was super good and was surprised that I have only been here for half a year. Good. I like that. It makes me happy. We then met with Kalenka and had a good lesson. 

Donerstag was also good. We had zone training. It was a lot of fun. I learned a lot. Good spirit there. I loved it. Afterwords we came back and met with Claudia. We really need to listen to the spirit when teaching claudia... but it always pays off. We always have awesome lessons with her... in the library. It is going hard for her right now... But at church she said that she felt way better. So I am glad we could help her. 

Freitag war wunderbar. Wir Hatten Weekly Planning und Gemico . Es hat Spaß gemacht. Wir haben auch Sky belehrt. Er wird mit seinem Vater über die Taufe sprechen. Gut gut gut.
(Friday was wonderful. We Had Weekly Planning and Gemico . It was fun. We also taught Sky . He will talk to his father about baptism . Good good good.)

Samstag was good too. We met with Kalenka and then went to Lennep... to the family of ......Members.... we found. He called us in the week and told us that his life exploded. His fiance was take away by her father... and CPS took his child. What could we share with them? How could we help?? We finally decided to teach them about Job... and everything that he went through. I love that story. Turns out that the fiance is only 17... and not a member. When things calm down... she wants to be taught. Another reason why I dont want to leave. We helped them out. And they made us hamburgers.

I felt really humbled after we met with them. I... dont know. They dont have anything... and they lost 2 members of their family... and they still feed us... and still wanted to know what we wanted. They only have two beds in their apartment... and a tv... and they still wanted to know what we would like to drink and eat. My goodness. Those are great people and my heart goes out to them. I really like people like that. I really do. It is just such a humbling thing. I have learned so much out here. It is crazy.

Sunday was good. A crazy guy... not a member.. came to our ward.. but I will tell you about it later. It wasnt that cool. We gave him a book of Mormon and taught the first lesson. Bruder Holland-Letz asked me to give a talk... but I threw the other Elders under the bus and told him that they havent spoken in Solingen yet heheheh. I translated sacrament meeting for Claudia. It was fun. I need more practice at it... but I did well. I understand everything... but It is hard to put in English.

Today we are going to the Haribo factory in Solingen. I am excited. We might play so basketball as well. Today I am going to Wuppertal on a split. Oh. Joy. Hahahahha

Well to end this letter I want to talk about Job a little. Everything he had was taken away from him. His kids. Health. Kingdom. Friends. Everything außer his life. And after all of that.... you know what he said? The Lord gave... the Lord took... blessed be the name of the Lord. Think of that humility! It touches my heart... just like the family in Lennep. I hope we can be like Job. Remember that your trails are short... and God given... so that we can learn and grow. Remember that we aren't given something... that we cant overcome. Remember to always praise the Lord... in times of trail... in times of peace. Instead of shaking our fists to the heavens cursing God for our trials and tests.... kneel down and thank him... that He loves us enough to test us... that He loves us enough to know what is best for us. Watch The Will of God on Mormon messages. I like it better in German though haha.

I love you guys. I hope you have a great day and week and month and year.

Alles Gute. Ich liebe euch sehr! (all the best. I love you very much!"

Elder James

No comments:

Post a Comment