Monday, February 16, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

Family and Friends,

This week was soo difficult for me but it was also an amazing week. I learned so much about what faith is and about the sacred calling i have of representing the Lord to the people here in Honduras. 

So at the beginning of the week, my comp. and i witnessed something very difficult and scary for me. Afterwards, I was really starting to question why i was sent to Honduras. I am not a strong person and having to go through this trial was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. But looking back on it now, it was something i needed to go through. It taught me about the miracle of life that we have and how real the Plan of Salvation is. We are so blessed to live in these last days before the second coming of our Savior Jesus Christ. And this week i realized the miracle of life. I have never really thought about how lucky we are to wake up everyday and to be given breath. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways that we take for granted. And our very life is one of those blessings.Never ever take for granted the life you have been giving in the United States. I can´t even tell you all how blessed you are. You have safety and true freedom!  I am so thankful for this mission. I can´t even begin to describe the trials I have been faced with, but I have also come to realize how blessed my life is. This week, my faith was tested. But through the atonement of Jesus Christ, i somehow pulled through. I am so grateful that we have an older brother who suffered for our sins. Who knows us and knows exactly what we need. He knows everything we have ever gone through. He knows every pain and despair. He knows us inside and out. I know with my whole heart that He lives. That He died for you and for me. He will never ever abandon us. And all we have to do is show our faith. Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (hebrews 11:1). I have come to realize the miracles that our faith can cause. But miracles do not precede faith. Always have faith in Him. No matter how hard things get, don´t abandon your faith.

The most amazing miracle happened this week. One of our investigators that we have been teaching since i got here, got baptized. Satan has been working so hard against her, but she overcame him, and this last Saturday, she entered the waters of baptism. Her name is Neblin and I firmly believe that I was sent to Honduras for her. She is so amazing and i have never seen someone soak up the gospel like she has. She is the sweetest woman i have ever met. However, her husband is not supporting her in this new course of her life. But i know that someday, he will follow her example and be baptized. I am so grateful for her and for the privilege i had to teach her! 

So the funny story for this week... My comp and i were walking the other day, and a drunk guy approached us (like every other day) and usually we just ignore them... but this day, he just started talking to me about American movies. And he said that i reminded him of this one movie with a bear... because the bear had blue eyes and white teach like me... and then he started making growling noises at me.. and walked away. I have never laughed so hard :) so... i guess that i have the appearance of a bear in some American movie :) haha 

Well folks, that's it for this week. Thank you so much for your prayers and your support. I am so grateful for all you do for me. Please pray that i can have an increase of faith to be able to get through the trials i am facing right now. I love you all! 

Love,

Hermana Platt

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment