Monday, February 2, 2015

Words from Elder Brandon Day in Oklahoma

"D&C 68: 2-4
And, behold, and lo, this is an ensample unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth—
 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.
 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.
I came across this scripture the other day while I was doing my studies. We are told to teach through the Holy Ghost, that is the only way the people we teach will ever be converted. I've been trying so hard to teach by the Spirit. But after reading this, I find it more of a privilege to teach by the Spirit. Because when we are doing that, we are speaking what Christ would have spoken to this person, we are doing what Christ would have done if He was there in that situation. And it made me think how special that is. Christ knows what our investigators need to hear to be converted to this Gospel, and when we are in unity with the Holy Ghost, we are saying the things Christ would have us say. A lot of us take this for granted, I know I do. But its just been amazing to see all of the miracles happen and all of the joy I've had so far because I've been letting the Spirit into my life. Its life changing. This has been one of the better weeks I've had so far because of this reason. This work is amazing and I'm enjoying every minute of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment