Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Words from Sister Hailey Overson in Nevada

"Hey everyone! Well, week two in Ely flew by like... I don't know what. Crazy! I love being a missionary SO MUCH. My companion and I are working really hard and I don't think I've ever been so happy:)

Something that has really hit me this week is the striking difference between a life/home centered on Christ and a life/home without that center. This may have been ignorant of me, but I always thought that everyone pretty much grew up knowing right from wrong, being taught- somewhat- how to act. But now I know that you can't have a truly happy home without Heavenly Father and His Son being a part of it. But what's so amazing is that everyone has the opportunity to receive that happiness! Everyone is invited to come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. 

The changes that some of my new friends have made in the past week are incredible. Sister Bundy is one of the sweetest women I've ever met. In the recent weeks since she started talking to missionaries, she has changed dramatically. It's funny because she doesn't see it at all! But there is just a sort of happiness and light that people have when they begin to know who they are. When they begin to know God and Jesus Christ. A family I've grown very close to has seen these same differences in their whole family life, since bringing God into the picture. They are blessed with happiness and love and they even found a new apartment (which they desperately needed)! 

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ really does bless people. It makes us happy. To know that through Jesus Christ, we can be healed and clean and pure is a knowledge more precious than anything on Earth. It changes people. Please share the knowledge you have with everyone around you. It changes lives! Please know that I love you all:)"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment