Monday, February 2, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

"Again, i only have like 3 minutes to write this. Ugh But i am trying to be obedient to the time rule here... so please forgive me!

This week, i just want to share my testimony of obedience! This week, my comp and i made it a goal to work our hardest to be exactly obedient to the rules and also to the standards of the mission. THe standards are that we need to contact 10 people every day and have 7 lessons. Its super hard and we basically run all over the city, but wow, did we see miracles this week! We found a familia de oro (golden family) this week and wow, they were so prepared to receive us and the gospel. We have only had 1 lesson with them so far, but they love what we have said, and guess what?! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! this truly is a miracle! I can just testify that obedience to the Lord can bring blessings that we can´t even imagine. My challenge for you all this week is to put the lord first in all aspects of your lives! Try and live your best and i can promise you as a representative of Christ, that you will also experience miracles.

Again, i am so sorry this is short. But i want you all to know how much i love this mission. It truly is the hardest thing i have ever done. Honduras is so tough, but it is such a wonderful place for me. I know the Lord is protecting me and watching over me here and my faith has grown in so many ways. I am not the same person i was 3 and a half months ago. And i am so grateful! The lord has given me the chance to be a new person. I know with my whole soul that this is the true church. That Christ lives. I love you all so much!!!! Thank you so much for all you do! I just want to give a quick thanks so my parents, the Pattersons (pat), Sister Whitmer, and Ashley slaughter for the wonderful letters you have sent me!! Thank you! I wish i could express my love more but please know i pray for all of you and i love you soo much!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment