Monday, February 9, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

"Olo Everybody!

God is SO good! Great, great week! This e-mail is gunna be super short, sorry, but know that the work of Salvation is the greatest work we could ever do!

Jeff and Sarah are still on for baptism this weekend! Please pray that nothing keeps them from this. I'm a little worried, not gunna lie. But we met with them three times last week and are meeting with them 3 times this week. We've got quite a few people coming to their baptism! A few members here, Jeff and Sarah's family, and a few members from my last area are coming! I'm so so SO excited! Sister Hoemann is speaking at their baptism and I'm going to sing. And, bishop asked us to speak on Sunday so we've got a lot to prepare for this week!!!

Something crazy that happened this week, is we had Zone Conference and one of the wards made us home-made Café Rio. Well, whoever made the dressing must've put something bad in it or it went bad because about half of the three zones that were there got food poisoning, including me!! It was not fun. I went on exchanges with my STL that night after zone conference, and we found out that the lady that she's living with decided to let her 20-year old grandson stay the night at her house, in the basement, in the bedroom where she lives. And the lady thought it was totally fine! So, we called President and he said we could come stay at the mission home for the night. It was such a relief! But sadly, me and my STL and Sister Mendenhall were up all night because we were so sick! Then, the day after that I was still really sick and didn't feel well enough to go out. But, because the Lord is SO good, every single one of our appointments called and cancelled on us so we didn't have to do it! And a couple of members came and gave me a blessing. I felt truly taken care of and watched over! We still had a busy week, though, and met with a lot of less-actives which was awesome! I wish I had time to tell you all of the miracles!

Well, anywhoo, that's all I have time for! Thank you so so much for all your support! Missionary work truly is the greatest work we could ever do. Please, please, please don't let anything get in the way of it! We've had several members of the ward here complain about our baptism being on Valentine's Day because it's inconvenient. I was pretty sad to hear that from our members! Like I said, don't let ANYTHING get in the way of missionary work. This is the work of Salvation and there is truly nothing greater. I know being a missionary, it's easier to do it, in a sense, but I promise you that if you give it all to the Lord and put Him first in your lives, you will see so many blessings! And like the sons of Mosiah, you won't be able to bear anyone not having the truth in their lives!
 
God bless you all and have a wonderful week!"
 
Love, Sister Platt
 
#Godisgood
#1,001

No comments:

Post a Comment