Sunday, July 26, 2015

Words from Sister Abbi Waite in Texas

Well folks! I made it! I survived doubling out of Zilker! Amidst the explosion and stress, we pulled it off!

It was definitely odd to leave my first area. I loved Zilker Park, but Merrilltown and Heritage Trail are certainly right up there with it! Change is inevitable, and I'm so glad that I've grown so much and I was able to adjust quickly to leaving people and places that I love! But the growth that I've noticed in myself isn't even close to the growth that I've seen in others! I was able to watch Geoff change in ways that I can't even really describe, including him letting himself become more loving to those around him. I watched Dianna allow the gospel to make her happier than she has been in a long time, and allow it to stay that way and stop trying to push it away. I watched light grow in Cesario's eyes as he learned more and more about the plan Heavenly Father has for him. I made friendships that will last forever! I watched so many people change and grow, all thanks to the Spirit of the God! This gospel is a gospel of change and happiness and it's amazing to see people let it into their lives! 

I like to call this new area "Miracletown". We're double covering the Merrilltown and Heritage Trail wards, and that name applies to both! I'm still working on getting to know the area and the people, but from what I do know... WOW! So many miracles! People are just falling into our path! We've taught many people about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it's been interesting to continue learning how the Spirit works through me. We've got so much work to do here! I'm excited for this transfer!

I definitely miss Sister Montclair, just as I missed Sister Gagon before her. But Heavenly Father is good and continues to bless me with wonderful companions! Sister Risenmay is wonderful! We've already found so much that we have in common and I love her to pieces! Her cheerfulness and enthusiasm for the work is contagious! She's also a sister training leader, which means I get to share her a little bit more than I've shared companions in the past. Which is great! I get to work with so many people this transfer! It's exciting! 

I'm not going to lie, leaving my first area was tough! It had truly become home and I'm excited to visit it again! But in His infinite mercy and love, Heavenly Father led me to the perfect scripture to comfort me: 

"And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted (Alma 12:10)."

Isn't amazing how direct and comforting the scripture can be? It wasn't only this verse that helped, but the story in the entire chapter. The sons of Mosiah are preparing to leave for their missions, and the entire chapter is incredible! My favorite verse is 13: 

"...they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."

I trust that I will meet those who I worked with in Zilker again. How great is the work that I have undertaken? Then Ammon speaks the best words of all: 

"...be of good cheer and let us go in search of the flocks..." 

Let us all be of good cheer and go in search of the flocks! You don't have to wear a tag to be a missionary! Find comfort in the scriptures! Apply them to your life! I promise that Heavenly Father will speak to you just as he has spoken to me! 

I love you all! 
Sister Waite

P.S. In all the craziness last week, I forgot to mention that I got to work with Sister Harrision, one of my MTC companions, for a day last week! It was so incredible! We've both grown so much and I just love her to death! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment