Sunday, July 26, 2015

Words from Sister Abbi Waite in Texas

Hello all! 

Yes... I'm in Pflugerville, Texas, where they spell everything with a Pf. Because it makes total English sense! Haha! 

I am beyond blessed to be in this area. I can't even really express it. The people are amazing. The members love missionary work. The people we are teaching are incredibly sincere and kind. My companion is incredibly compassionate and puts up with me. (Okay, for real, I've never seen her even furrow her brow at anyone. She's incredible.) It's been incredible for me to see the blessings hard work and dedication. These two wards are EXPLODING with work. It's almost overwhelming sometimes. But I love it so much! 

We had 6 investigators at church yesterday... which was incredible! 3 in each ward! I've never had that many my entire mission! We prepared and invited and were blessed for it! We even personally texted  Bishop Townsend and Bishop Aldridge the names of investigators we were expecting at church... and it was amazing! Bishop Aldridge was conducting the Merrilltown sacrament meeting and he made it a point to explain the sacrament in a very sacred way so that everyone would understand what was going to be happening. These two bishops are outstanding, and I'm excited to be able to continue working with them. The members reached out... Holy cow. I can't even describe how blessed we are. It makes me so happy to see the work of salvation being embraced so well! 

I also got to go home this week. No, not home home. To Zilker Park! To see Dianna's baptism! It was incredible. She got everyone their own little forget me nots and I'm still in awe of how much she has allowed the gospel to change her life. She even invited her family and it was incredible. She's so great! And I love her so much!  (I also got to see a lot of the members who I grew to love and admire and that was such a blessing! My goodness... They're just amazing.)(ALSO... totally got to be companions with Sister Montclair for a few hours again. Incredible. Oh how I miss her.)

There are so many miracles that I wish I could write about, but there are too many and I simply don't have the time (as I'm sure that you don't either, haha!). One of the most incredible came as we met with a potential investigator. She had ordered a Bible from the mormon.org website, and we had the pleasure to deliver it to her. And, of course, a Book of Mormon. We showed her the footnotes and explained a little of the Book of Mormon to her, and she exclaimed "I had no idea!" She was so excited at the concept of additional scripture. I cannot comprehend how anyone would NOT rejoice at that! Heavenly Father loves all of His children so much! It's so exciting! We then had the opportunity to testify of how our own families had been blessed by the Book of Mormon, and even previewed a little of the Plan of Salvation. I know that tears are not always direct evidence of the Spirit, but there wasn't a dry eye in the room. She felt the truth so strongly and she was so prepared for it. It was incredible! 

This week I did a lot of thinking about how Heavenly Father loves all of His children. 

"For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) 

"And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross ; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross , that I might draw all men unto me..." (3 Nephi 27:14)

God sent His Son that we may be drawn again unto Him. 

"For behold, this is my work and my glory —to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39)

God's very purpose is to bring all of His children back to Him! 

I testify that Heavenly Father loves you. Because He loves you, He sent His Son. Because He sent His Son, we are able to return to live with Him. Heavenly Father does all that He can to help His children choose righteousness. He called prophets in ancient Jerusalem to teach the people. He called prophets in the ancient Americas to teach the people. We have their records to help us understand who Christ is for us. The Book of Mormon also contains the fulness of His gospel and we can draw closer to our Father by following its pure teachings than by following the teachings of any other book. The Book of Mormon answers the questions of our soul, I promise that it will. Heavenly Father has provided those answers. Because He loves us. 

I love you all! 
Love, 
Sister Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment