Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

My dear family and friends,
 
As most of you know, my dear sweet grandmother passed away last Thursday night. I received several e-mails from people today and I want to thank you all for your wonderful, sweet words! They touched me so much and I wish I had time to personally respond to all of them. I feel so much love from all of you. Thank you!
 
My mission president called me Friday during our weekly planning to tell me the news. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My grandma (Gigi as we all called her) had promised me she would be there when I got home. It just didn't seem real. My mission president gave me permission to call home, and so I got to talk to my mom and dad and what a blessing it was! We laughed and cried and reminisced about grandma. Oh what a wonderful woman she was! My mom told me that she and my grandpa had been asked to be the Grand Marshalls at the 24th of July parade and that Gigi was planning on buying a new pair of boots, wranglers, hat, shirt - the whole outfit for the occasion! I thought that was so cute. I'm positive that she's wearing that outfit right now! I'll admit, it's been really difficult these last several days trying to stay busy, trying to put on a happy face, trying not to think about the fact that I didn't get to say goodbye. But underneath all the sadness, there's an underlying feeling of peace. Peace that only the Savior can give. I miss Gigi terribly - sometimes it still hits me that she's actually gone. But at the same time I can feel her here with me. And when I don't feel her I know she's with my sister in Honduras or with my grandpa or with her children. I also got to talk with my grandpa and with my sister Hannah! Truly tender mercies from the Lord. As I spoke with all of these wonderful people I realized how blessed we are to know that families are eternal. That death has no sting, the grave no victory. What a glorious blessing this restored gospel is! I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that God loves us. I've always known families are eternal but now it's more real to me than ever before. How I love this gospel with my whole heart! And now I have a permanent companion - an angel on the other side who is testifying and preaching and teaching with me. God is good!

Please keep my family in your prayers. I know all of them - the whole family - is grieving. The funeral is this Saturday in St. Johns. Thank you all for your prayers already! Thank you for praying for me - a mission is hard, but it is by far the best decision I've ever made! I wish I could go to the funeral, but I know Gigi would want me to stay here. We never know when life will end, so please remember our purpose here. Please don't waste a moment! Please prepare for the day you will meet God - for that is why we are here. Don't lose sight of that purpose! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.
 
God bless you all!

Love, Sister Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment