Sunday, July 26, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!

This e-mail is going to be OOBER short cuz I'm out of time. I wanted to wish you all a wonderful 4th of July! What a great time to celebrate the independence of this nation!! I've heard about some recent decision of the Supreme Court, but I love and support what the church says: http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/supreme-court-decision-will-not-alter-doctrine-on-marriage?cid=HP_FR_6-26-2015_dPAD-fMNWS_xLIDyL1-A_
Please remember that we need to be kind and loving to all people, no matter how different their beliefs are. But at the same time we need to stand up and let our voices be heard. Don't be afraid of offending and don't be afraid of saying something wrong. Read the account of Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty and celebrate the freedoms that we still enjoy! This country is a great country and I'm grateful for it!!! I love home and the way they celebrate the 4th there. I don't think anywhere else compares, really. So enjoy it!
 
So, this week was awesome! We hit our total goal for the week, which was 19 lessons. That's only happened a couple of times on my mission! And honestly, it's not about the numbers. But sometimes it feels good to accomplish a goal that you've set. We met with a lot of investigators this last week and that was a blessing! We're trying to put them all on baptismal date, but that's a work in progress. Still extending them though! We have the faith that we can see more baptisms and more re-activations this transfer. One less-active we're working with is an adorable 85 year old who is going through the temple for the first time in August. It will be a glorious day for her and it's been amazing to see the influence she's having on the rest of her less-active posterity! We did a lot of walking and street contacting this week, and for some reason we talked to a lot of people about cars they were restoring.....I don't know much about restoring cars but I'm learning! We had some cool conversations and will hopefully start teaching or serving a few of these people. God works in mysterious ways!
 
Also, this last week we got Tiwi's installed in our cars. They're a little device that tracks our driving.....basically it talks to us if we're driving correctly. The voice sounds like Arnold Schwarzinagger (spelling?) so I've named our Tiwi Arnold. Every time he talks to me I say "Thank you Arnold!" At first I wasn't super thrilled about the Tiwi's (I called it Satan's plan), but I know it will make me and all the missionaries out here better drivers and mom and dad, you'll be thrilled to know that I can no longer speed!! Yay! No more lead foot (hopefully it'll cure me of that).
 
Well, I hope you all have a fantastic, missionary-filled week. Please support your local missionaries and work hard to find people for them to teach! Love you all so much!

Love, Sister Pltat

No comments:

Post a Comment