Sunday, July 26, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

Dear Family and Friends,

I don´t have a lot of time to write. So i am sorry if this is super short. We got to meet our new presdient this week and he is so amazing! I love him and he is changing out mission. He has talked to us a lot about the importance of retaining those we teach and not just baptizing them. I have loved the changes we have seen! A mission is not about how many baptisms you have. Success is measured by the good you do! this is somthing i am learning more and more each day. I am so grateful for inspired men like my mission president! We are so blessed to be led my him here in Honduras. 

I just need to ask you all for your prayers at this time. My companion and i have been very sick this week with a sickness called Chikunguna. It a sickness that mosquitos carry and its been hitting Honduras. I know we will be fine. But please pray we can be fine quickly to be able to continue working. Other than that, not much has happened this week. We have had to stay inside for many days. But i know we will be fine soon. Thanks for your prayers! They make all the difference in my misison. 

Well, i need to go, but i love you all so much. I know this church is true. Its been a rough week for me, but i am learning that sometimes, God sends us hard trials so we can grow even more. Its hard to see while we are in them, but we grow and learn the most when we are struggling the most. I don´t understand a lot of things, but i do know that God loves us. He has a plan for us. We just have to trust Him. I love you all a ton! Have a wonderful week! 

Love,

Hermana Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment