Sunday, July 26, 2015

Words from Sister Abbigail Waite in Texas

Hey all!

So this week flew by and I really want to know where it went! There's no way it's already June 28! 

I can't even begin to list all the things that we did this week... But I'll try! 

We taught Cesario about patriarchal blessings and he LOVED it. It's so amazing to watch him just drink up the gospel! He even said "Hey! That's sort of like what I'm reading about in 2 Nephi!" Yeah, that's right. 2 Nephi. He understood it and connected it to patriarchal blessings. Ah! We're so proud of him! :) 

Michael and Matthew are still so great! Michael remembers so much and even helps us teach Matthew when he's having a little bit of a hard time remembering or understanding things. And they both have the bets testimonies ever! :) 

Geoff is still doing so great. I was thinking about March Geoff versus June Geoff and it's such a big difference! He's changed so much! We taught him about charity for the second time the other day. March Geoff told us that he already knew all about charity and that he was charitable and all that, and didn't really get much out of what we were telling him. June Geoff, however, realized that charity means so much more when used in the context of the gospel! And I know that it's not the teachers! It's definitely him allowing the Spirit to change and teach him! :) 

Dianna and Brandon are doing so great! (I got to hold one of Brandon's geckos the other day. It was so cool! :) ... I loved it!) They both came to church and Brandon even stayed for the 2nd hour! We're working on him, slowly but surely! I can tell he loves it, he's just being a teenager! Haha! Dianna continues to see signs and answers to her prayers, particularly this week about President Monson. We worked all week with her, trying to build her faith of a living prophet, and she told us last night that she knows that Thomas Spencer Monson is a man truly called of God to be the Prophet on the earth today! It was so great! I almost cried! I love watching her testimony grow! Dianna and Brandon are even doing missionary work of their own, and had one of Brandon's friends, Stefan, over to listen to our message. And he loved it, too! 

The work is just rolling forward here in Zilker! 

But one of the greatest miracles this week happened yesterday morning! Missionaries in Zilker haven't been invited to Ward Council in at least a year, probably longer. That really throws a wrench in the works and makes it harder to coordinate our efforts with the ward. But we're lucky enough to have a GREAT ward mission leader who really makes sure we know everything we should know from Ward Council. It's just how we've been doing missionary work here for as long as I've been here, and we make it work! But this week our district leader asked us to find out why we weren't invited. So, we planned on asking Brother Webb about it in ward coordination on Sunday afternoon. But Sunday morning... we showed up to give Brother Webb our progress record and update him on some really important things, just like we have been for the last six months... and we were invited to actually go to ward council! And we're going to be invited forever! I don't know if I can express to you how much of a miracle that is! I don't know what changed, but I'm sure glad it did! Months of working to earn the trust of the ward has finally paid off! :) 

I've started the Book of Mormon yet again, and I'm loving it! Something I read in 2 Nephi 2 today really caught my attention. 

Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men. (2 Nephi 2:3)

Lehi tells his son, Jacob, that he knows that Jacob will spend all of this days in the service of God. You would think in so doing that Jacob would do a lot of righteous things, or works. But Lehi then says that it is "because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer" that Jacob will be saved. We aren't saved because of own righteousness. It's Christ's! Oh, how grateful I am that He is so righteous! :) 

I love you all! I hope y'all remember Christ and His righteousness in all that you do! 

Love, 
Sister Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment