Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada ***Last Letter!***


Well, This is my last e mail i will be sending as a missionary. There are a lot of mixed emotions going on, but I know things have worked out the way God has planned. Through this whole experience i've been going through, i've learned a lot. One of the most important things i have learned is that it's ok not to understand why bad things happen to people. Out of all the praying and fasting that has been going on for almost a year now has led me to a couple scriptures that I have found comfort in. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." 
I'm grateful for the time that I have had to serve the Lord. I know it was shorter than expected, but I know he has new plans for me. Out here i've been able to come to a knowledge and understanding that Jesus is the Christ, that his Atoning sacrifice did happen for not just myself, but for all of God's children that he loves equally. I have come to know that God is my loving heavenly Father. Through the spirit, i have learned so many things. I have gained a testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Christ, after his resurrection, appeared to the people in the ancient Americas. I'm thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the plan that has been laid out so that i can return to live with my family for the rest of eternity. 
Thank you all for the support and prayers! i love you all so much! God has been pouring out blessings on us this past week! A family that we've been teaching has decided to get baptized on Christmas Eve! It's going to be a white Christmas!!! Thanks for everything.

- Elder Zieler

No comments:

Post a Comment